Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lab Animals republic side.

Wepo
01.31.2012 , 05:37 PM | #21
I don't see how. On top and bottom there are lvl 30 gold npc's that you have to fight through. You can avoid the lvl 50 droids that are present via the entrance that is not marked by the map quest pointers, but you can't avoid the lvl 30 golds and silvers unless you have stealth.

Lukeia
01.31.2012 , 05:50 PM | #22
Odd, my hubby and I duoed all of the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa and didn't run into any problems. I don't even remember a level 50 droid and we did ALL of the bonus series and all of the datacrons. I guess I'll have to run back over and see how we did it. I do remember some Empire characters watching us...but I guess they decided not to fight a Vanguard tank/ Scoundrel Sawbones team? It is fun to catch the imperials who accidentally wander into our base on their quests. You do have to make sure you go around their base on your way to the instance...but I'll log in when I'm home from work and see if I can find the exact route we took.

Wepo
01.31.2012 , 06:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukeia View Post
Odd, my hubby and I duoed all of the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa and didn't run into any problems. I don't even remember a level 50 droid and we did ALL of the bonus series and all of the datacrons. I guess I'll have to run back over and see how we did it. I do remember some Empire characters watching us...but I guess they decided not to fight a Vanguard tank/ Scoundrel Sawbones team? It is fun to catch the imperials who accidentally wander into our base on their quests. You do have to make sure you go around their base on your way to the instance...but I'll log in when I'm home from work and see if I can find the exact route we took.
I have scouted this heroic for a few days. Just to be sure we are discussing the same thing, this quest doesn't show up until you complete all the other ones.

There are two ways to enter the Republic Research Division. One, which the green map pointers direct you to, is fully guarded by a lvl 50 imperial droid. There is no way through as a lvl 30ish player unless you stealth or rez stealth. The other way takes you through the Network Security District in the Industrial Sector. This way also has lvl 50 droids on the upper and lower levels...but you can go around them if careful. But this area has tons of lvl 30-32 gold's and silvers and is also a very active imperial area, at least on my moderately populated server.

I don't know if these areas have been changed between the times you guys did it and yesterday or what but there is obviously something I am overlooking. Just to reiterate, there are level 50 droids guarding both entrances to Lab Animals, one direction it is unavoidable, the other you can dance around it but will wade through quite a few golds, silvers and actual players to get to it.

Once you get to it, it's a piece of cake though.

flem
02.01.2012 , 05:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wepo View Post
I don't know if these areas have been changed between the times you guys did it and yesterday or what but there is obviously something I am overlooking. Just to reiterate, there are level 50 droids guarding both entrances to Lab Animals, one direction it is unavoidable, the other you can dance around it but will wade through quite a few golds, silvers and actual players to get to it.

Once you get to it, it's a piece of cake though.
I don't remember any 50s on the "safe" route in. They weren't really a threat.

Other players and getting flagged? Well, the bonus series *is* one of the big crossover points between the two factions (and was even more when it came before Tat). But you can pop safely into the instance quickly after beating the not-very-tough ramp guards, and if you're trying to *drive* your way out afterwards instead of QTing... why are you doing that!?
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

Wepo
02.01.2012 , 10:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by flem View Post
I don't remember any 50s on the "safe" route in. They weren't really a threat.

Other players and getting flagged? Well, the bonus series *is* one of the big crossover points between the two factions (and was even more when it came before Tat). But you can pop safely into the instance quickly after beating the not-very-tough ramp guards, and if you're trying to *drive* your way out afterwards instead of QTing... why are you doing that!?
I play on a pvp server so getting flagged is zero problem. But those on pve servers will get flagged and potentially be attacked attempting to do this mission. I've seen lots of complaints about forced pvp and on a pve server I believe they are valid. Again, I play on pvp server so expect nothing less.

The main point was heroics are usually tougher than the route to get to them. I'm lvl 39 and every heroics was a climax of difficulty. Lab Animals, either direction is what you would call anti-climatic. Maybe it's designed that way to change things up. *shrug*

Also, as a minor point, the green map markers point you to the toughest way...directly to a lvl 50 droid that's unavoidable. You should go check the alternate route again. I just did. There are level 50 droids anyway you attempt to go in this heroic. One route through the network security district can be carefully walked around but the other can not.

And no one said anything about driving out. I quick traveled. I'll be damned if I'm going to incur more repair charges than I had before I got in the actual heroic.

LordXayd
02.01.2012 , 08:06 PM | #26
Ok here we go.
The first elevator ride after getting the quest points you to the Upper Office Atrium.
Instead of that, take the High Security Lockdown option.
Your map indicator will reset for the Network Security District at that point.
It astonishes me that bugs like this still exist now in February.
I dont care what people say. This is not a smooth launch.
It's just that nothing is preventing you from getting to 50, albeit an aggravating series of inconveniences along the way, primarily around the map and minimap.
To everyone that feels like flaming me, I don't care. The forums were put up so prematurely before game release that every thought has been expressed a thousand times over, and I don't feel like reading the 1000 prior threads to ensure they aren't an exact match for mine.

Dragoon-
02.11.2012 , 04:14 PM | #27
I don't know the name of the Game/Content Designer responsible for this nor the head of quality assurance. Well whoever it is I nominate you for employee of the month.
Also I heard they outsourced game testing to Argentina and Romania.
Money well spent or should I rather say well saved?
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Dalandaree
03.24.2012 , 01:30 PM | #28
Bump. It seems the issue is still there. I tried to find another way to the quest-zone and couldnt find one. I dont want to participate in pvp and thats the reason, why I have chosen a pve server. I cant see why I need to pvp now for getting a pve quest done. It would be nice, if a dev can at least confirm, that this is either WAI or being looked into.

Dragoon-
04.10.2012 , 12:07 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalandaree View Post
Bump. It seems the issue is still there. I tried to find another way to the quest-zone and couldnt find one. I dont want to participate in pvp and thats the reason, why I have chosen a pve server. I cant see why I need to pvp now for getting a pve quest done. It would be nice, if a dev can at least confirm, that this is either WAI or being looked into.
Somewhere on the 1.2 Patch notes I saw the fix it by removing the Imperial guard bot and resting zone from the one elevator access.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

grneyedgeekgrl
01.20.2013 , 03:23 PM | #30
How to get to Lab Animals quest ... without having to face Imps.

From the High Security Lockdown area of the Alien Outreach Center on Nar Shaddaa, take the Systech East Elevator to the Upper Office Atrium. Pass through the Crimson Brotherhood Patrol to New Venture Terrace, head down the ramp to the New Venture Plaza, and then head east to the Systech West Elevator. The only option that should be available is the Republic Research Division. Head north from there, going through the MediCure Labratories to the ChemFlex Labs area. Voila!