Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disconnect, then unable to enter any movie mode dialog...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disconnect, then unable to enter any movie mode dialog...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saitada
01.30.2012 , 03:12 AM | #1
I have found a recurring bug that happens ONLY when I get DC'd from the server, but the client itself does not shut completely down, rather gives me a 9000 error, and then goes to the server selection screen.

If I click enter for my server and select one of my characters. That character is no longer able to enter any video dialogs, though they can interact with the world normally in every other manner. I.E. killing mobs, harvesting nodes, etc.. It just hangs on the loading part of the dialog, but never loads.

The fix for this seems to be, if you disconnect and get shunted to the loading screen, to simply quit the game and restart it rather than attempt to re-enter the server. This fixes whatever seems to be the issue. I suspect this has to do with the second SWTOR.EXE process not recognizing a DC and resetting it's connection to match up with the 'new' connection.

As I DC every morning and every night at 10:29pm Hawai'i time... (my ISP seems to reset their DNS info at these times according to my router queries) I have had the chance to test this to see if it is a repeatable bug, and at least for me, it is.

Just wanted to know if anybody else experiences anything similar, and if so.. what information would the dev's need to help diagnose the problem? I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to that kind of stuff so am asking YOUR guidance to help figure this out.

~Saitada

Mikkeos
01.30.2012 , 03:41 AM | #2
You are not alone.

Check the sticky Information request posts up there.
Q: So, is there anything at all in the game that mitigates falling damage?
A: elevators

AARRRGGGHHHH
01.31.2012 , 04:30 PM | #3
The same this happens to me but my audio is bugged afterwards as well. I can hear the ambient sound ok but the other noise-such as my lightsaber- doesn't work properly.

Sutii
01.31.2012 , 04:31 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

We are aware of an issue where players are reporting a loss of sound and other problems after reconnecting from the server select screen following a disconnect. This should be addressed in an upcoming patch though we regret that we will be unable to provide further updates on this. We do however recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

As a temporary workaround please ensure that upon being disconnected and returned to the server select screen, you exit the game completely prior to reconnecting.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support