Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Much Lower FPS from Beta to Release?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Much Lower FPS from Beta to Release?

airrazr's Avatar


airrazr
12.14.2011 , 09:20 PM | #11
i did the shadow thing and went from 11 to floating around 17 fps.
I don't need magic to win

Eginhardt's Avatar


Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BladeDArk View Post
Been done that >.< i went from 3 to 5 fps lol
What kind of card do you have? By any chance do you have a radeon?
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"

ragingcajun's Avatar


ragingcajun
12.14.2011 , 09:22 PM | #13
How much Virtual Memory do you have, try increasing the maximum file size. For me, I have a terabyte hard-drive and have 26GB of HD space allowed for the VM and it helps me. A lot of people don't realize that your graphics card actually has little to do with the FPS on an MMO and that is according to computer techs as the information about the game comes over the internet, your memory plays a huge part in your fps.

Onlitomorrow's Avatar


Onlitomorrow
12.14.2011 , 09:35 PM | #14
Just echoing the fps problem, running with an ATI Raedeon HD 4250. My fps problem only seems to happen inside, but its to where I can't play this wonderful game any help would be appreciated. At this point I'm open to any and all suggestions before I go upgrade the card.

Eginhardt's Avatar


Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Onlitomorrow View Post
Just echoing the fps problem, running with an ATI Raedeon HD 4250. My fps problem only seems to happen inside, but its to where I can't play this wonderful game any help would be appreciated. At this point I'm open to any and all suggestions before I go upgrade the card.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=22757

This may help you for your radeon card. Also, try my fix since the building lag was the worst and it helped instantly.
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"

Onlitomorrow's Avatar


Onlitomorrow
12.14.2011 , 09:40 PM | #16
Having trouble finding those setting fixes with the updated drivers, but I'm going to go try your fix. *crosses fingers*

Eginhardt's Avatar


Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Onlitomorrow View Post
Having trouble finding those setting fixes with the updated drivers, but I'm going to go try your fix. *crosses fingers*
Did you try the turning your settings on high and turn shadow off? That helps too. You can also play around with bloom, conversation depth of field, vertical sync and the trees/grass.
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"

Onlitomorrow's Avatar


Onlitomorrow
12.14.2011 , 09:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eginhardt View Post
Did you try the turning your settings on high and turn shadow off? That helps too. You can also play around with bloom, conversation depth of field, vertical sync and the trees/grass.
Just tried it and your fix seems to have given me quite a few more fps (from 4-6 to 10-11) Bloom turned off, Conversation on, Veritcal on and trees/grass off.

Eginhardt's Avatar


Eginhardt
12.14.2011 , 09:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Onlitomorrow View Post
Just tried it and your fix seems to have given me quite a few more fps (from 4-6 to 10-11) Bloom turned off, Conversation on, Veritcal on and trees/grass off.
Try turning conversation off. They even tell you to turn it off to improve performance.
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my fantasy RPG characters not be wearing assless chaps."
"Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior. - Emma Watson"