Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware - Can you put in a loot priority button for companions?

Sinnegorth
12.13.2011 , 07:54 AM | #1
Below Need, above Greed. Companion Need.

Lucerin
12.13.2011 , 08:43 AM | #2
then greed becomes useless

bennyrosso
12.13.2011 , 08:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucerin View Post
then greed becomes useless
Why? i guess there is lot of loot which is not needed by players or companions.

MusedMark
12.13.2011 , 09:00 AM | #4
I think many players will just pick need for companions, regardless.

Halsion
12.13.2011 , 09:06 AM | #5
Most people who I've seen will just need on it no matter what, even taking it away from other players.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu

HARBINGERXIII
12.13.2011 , 09:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMark View Post
While I'll freely admit to being a complete newbie to MMOs, this seems like the most likely scenario. Maybe if your raiding with people you know well, & lay out clear cut guidelines for the group, that you use consistently perhaps. But, other than that specific scenario, you're only going to have drama between those willing to label companion gear as greed versus those who label it as need within any group.
Query: May I terminate the Meatbag now Master?

Xansyn
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #7
If Bioware doesn't introduce firmer loot rules, the only way to avoid this type of scenario is to join a guild and play group content with them. PUGs are always a gamble unless the loot system is "grief proof".

Azzirith
12.13.2011 , 09:32 AM | #8
Gotta say, the moment I'm in a Flashpoint and someone rolls need "for their companion/alt/friend/mother's neighboors cousin", without checking with the rest of the group, they'll probably get kicked. Grouping for quests and heroic missions where they actually use their companions is one thing, but if you roll need for someone you're not using on a Flashpoint when someone else needs it for their actual character, that's just bad form in my opinion.

Remember, your actions have reprecussions. Start ninja'ing, people will recognize it and it'll be harder and harder for you to find a group when you need one.

MusedMark
12.13.2011 , 09:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzirith View Post
Gotta say, the moment I'm in a Flashpoint and someone rolls need "for their companion/alt/friend/mother's neighboors cousin", without checking with the rest of the group, they'll probably get kicked. Grouping for quests and heroic missions where they actually use their companions is one thing, but if you roll need for someone you're not using on a Flashpoint when someone else needs it for their actual character, that's just bad form in my opinion.

Remember, your actions have reprecussions. Start ninja'ing, people will recognize it and it'll be harder and harder for you to find a group when you need one.
Oh i agree, however, even if an agreement is made at the start of a PUG run, if you PUG - you always take the risk of someone taking loot they do not need (or for companions). Ill probably pug the early stages and friend people i see as being honest and decent and hopefully find a decent guild to do group content with.

For the times i do PUG, ill endeavor to make sure i am the group leader

Azzirith
12.13.2011 , 09:39 AM | #10
Oh i agree, however, even if an agreement is made at the start of a PUG run, if you PUG - you always take the risk of someone taking loot they do not need (or for companions). Ill probably pug the early stages and friend people i see as being honest and decent and hopefully find a decent guild to do group content with.

For the times i do PUG, ill endeavor to make sure i am the group leader
Totally agree with you. How else are you going to find good people if you don't PUG every now and then? And since I typically roll tank, I find it a heck of a lot easier to form my own groups than not. And again, i agree with you on the aspect of making sure to post loot rules at the start of the run, it's always hard to change it after the fact!