Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Hard Content) Please!

Blason
01.31.2012 , 01:35 AM | #1
Something I really came to this game expecting was something of difficult PvE content. Over the years I have progressed to a top world raider in another game and PvE really peeks my interest. So far coming here, I have seen guilds "faceroll" content and run through it in a few hours never before seeing it. Can we, or will we expect to see the difficulty level rise? Or is it going to be designed primarily on keeping it very easy and simple? Me personally, the other game I was playing became to easy and I am hoping for something that will challenge me as a gamer. Thank you.

Blason

yugotoobo
01.31.2012 , 09:35 AM | #2
Not sure if you have reached end game yet but so far im loving it. Honesty the hard mode flash points were a challenge when I first hit 50 now that im geared I can clear them with less difficulty. Now the ops on the other hand range in how much of a challenge they are. I feel like the game offers more then enough in terms of boss difficulty. I know of only one guild on our server that has gone 5/5 in karragas palace and im not sure if any has downed soa on the hardest difficulty. Lets not forget that this is only the beginning of end game. I have a strong feeling there working on new fps and ops along with new tier sets. All im saying is if your looking for a challenge in pve then your playing the right game, and I would look forward to the far and near future!

Asmiroth
01.31.2012 , 09:43 AM | #3
I too like hard modes but it's quite evident that if a company wants to make money, they have to straddle the line between challenging for the masses and challenging for the 5%.

If you want hard, try nightmare mode. I don't see why BW would make any extra effort for challenge past that point, there just aren't enough people who would actually use it to be worth creating.

As a sort of analogy, WoW's 4.2 patch, Firelands, was only completed by 15% of the playerbase and less than 5% completed it on Heroic. That's a lot of money Blizz invested for having such a small portion of their playerbase actually see it through. Hence the LFR tool (and easy-mode) which upped the rate to 50%. Heroic is still there and only 100 guilds had completed it after 2 months. Gives some context as to who the majority actually is, and it's not the people posting in this forum.

plass
01.31.2012 , 10:56 AM | #4
Kill nightmare SOA

then say its not hard enough

dipstik
01.31.2012 , 12:21 PM | #5
If you have already cleared all the ops and fpz on NM, gratz... otherwise... gear up.