Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't bother doing 16s over 8s

DefMike
01.30.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eroex View Post
I cant stand the smaller group content, I get sick of people whining about not getting into the group. 16 man is much easier to get people into.

WoW drove me nuts with that crap. Trying to stack a raid for the hardest 10 man content to make it easiest to down for progression and you have 5 people whining that they didn't get into the raid and some one else did.
I can also get people new to raiding into it easier w/ a larger group. I guess it's because they feel they don't carry as much responsibility when they are 10% of the DPS versus 25%, or 25% of the heal team vs 50% . . . just a thought.

Psyclosis
01.30.2012 , 08:36 PM | #22
bump, 16m needs some incentive

Xanxari
01.30.2012 , 09:28 PM | #23
well the more people you need to work together the harder the it is.....

but since Biow/EA dont want to scare kids and noobs away.... they are force to make 8mans so easy that every single player have a chance to down them......

i for one know why they aim for the major group when it comes to paying players.... i hate that this is got so many bugs, and easy content and so low player based Flashpoints and operations, i wish they would make at minium 24 players or 32 players operations and make it hard to complete....

but this game like Aion, WoW, Warhammer online, and any other game that are based on a kids lvl PvE with crap Arena PvP is a complete waste of time for players that want some IRL elements in the games they play, like consequences on behavior and comeplete stupidities, and failures from completing things like raids and so on.....

JacenHallis
01.30.2012 , 10:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Whatsalightsaver View Post
The Lock was horrible and needed a brez almost every other pull
As someone who played a warlock, let me apologize for this. You know, I haven't played WoW since before Cataclysm released, and hearing stuff like this still makes me mad. I also hated the people who affirmed the "DKs are played by idiots" stereotype. I loved both of those classes, and seeing people who failed so much play them, knowing that whatever they did reflected back on myself, was incredibly frustrating.

I was in a raid something like yours in WoW as well. We had so much turnover that, by the end, we were gearing up everyone constantly with the same content, and we never got to the progression part of the raid. By the time the raid fell apart, the only healers we had were druids (this made me loathe druid healing), and most of the DPS didn't care to better themselves.

It sucked badly.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Jest
01.30.2012 , 10:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DefMike View Post
You've missed the point. It's not about how well YOU did in a 16s, it's about how easy 8 is compared to 16.

I totally agree w/ you about doing it for the challenge. We have beat first 2 bosses in EV on 16 and it felt good to win those fights. But we struggle w/ the trash between the 1st and 2nd boss (I'm sure we could do something better)

But when you have that option of getting the same reward for much less effort . . . man it's hard to resist!!!
From my experience, the trash is tuned way up in 16m Regular. Don't know if it's intended or bugged but we found the trash harder than every boss fight with exception to the Pylon's and SoA.

Of course, the fight mechanic in the pylons IS the Trash, so overtuned Trash spawning super fast was a major major issue.

For the SoA fight though we just didn't have the DPS we needed to beat the enrage (we had Pugged 4 people).

But yes.. the Boss fights in 16m Normal felt appropriate in comparison to 8m Normal. The TRASH in 16m Regular was more difficult than 8m Hardmode trash though.. which seems really odd.