Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Want people to cancel pre-orders already

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Want people to cancel pre-orders already

Tahllol's Avatar


Tahllol
12.14.2011 , 09:01 PM | #1
I'm guessing you guys want people to cancel their pre-orders before the game is even officially released. Already having server wait times exceeding 30 minutes is stupid. Hence learn to close servers to new people and make them go to the low population servers. Basically in the first 24 hours 2 servers have massive wait times and the rest are standard with no wait times.

Lock the high volume servers to new people joining please and do something about the wait times. We aren't planning on spending money monthly to sit in que for 30+ minutes each day and is even worse if you are disconnected from the server and have to wait again.

TheSiobhan's Avatar


TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 09:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahllol View Post
I'm guessing you guys want people to cancel their pre-orders before the game is even officially released. Already having server wait times exceeding 30 minutes is stupid. Hence learn to close servers to new people and make them go to the low population servers. Basically in the first 24 hours 2 servers have massive wait times and the rest are standard with no wait times.

Lock the high volume servers to new people joining please and do something about the wait times. We aren't planning on spending money monthly to sit in que for 30+ minutes each day and is even worse if you are disconnected from the server and have to wait again.
What about people who then can't get on servers that their friends are on, get pissed and don't play?

Blitzo's Avatar


Blitzo
12.14.2011 , 09:04 PM | #3
I'm guessing this is your first MMO. Or you have never played a popular game. Obviously there's going to be wait times. Over 2 million people pre-ordered and are playing the game. Don't want to wait? Don't play a Full server. No one is forcing you to.

Rulyen's Avatar


Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 09:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
What about people who then can't get on servers that their friends are on, get pissed and don't play?
Siob, you really need to stop trolling the forums. Your argument is going nowhere.

As for cancelled subs, I think a lot of people realize that the server limits are intentionally set lower than they will be for release, so it won't cause them to cancel their orders.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Savara's Avatar


Savara
12.14.2011 , 09:07 PM | #5
Wait. Wait.

Seriously, stop the presses.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.





There's a whole THIRTY MINUTE queue? Oh god. I might die. Someone get me a chair before I faint.






... Seriously, please find something better to complain about.
Nyateneri - Chii | Sava'ra - Enaeru | Senre - Enaeru | Nyateneri-- Enaeru
----Cleric ------- Entertainer ------- Priest | Druid ------ Chanter | Spiritmaster ----Mage--
Squadron 11.11.11

Tahllol's Avatar


Tahllol
12.14.2011 , 09:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
I'm guessing this is your first MMO. Or you have never played a popular game. Obviously there's going to be wait times. Over 2 million people pre-ordered and are playing the game. Don't want to wait? Don't play a Full server. No one is forcing you to.

Actually I've been playing MMO's including beta for a very long time. I've never seen a game they allowed servers to over populate this bad in the first few days. Most games were smart enough to cut people off from joining a server before the wait times got huge.

As far as the don't join a server that is full. I was on this server within hours of the game going early access as I had the ability to join the first day.

Amuntoth's Avatar


Amuntoth
12.14.2011 , 09:50 PM | #7
I played day one Warhammer Online and WoW and I remember three to four hour wait times on many servers for both of those games. 30 minutes really isn't bad at all, and if you don't want to wait play on a server without wait times. If you are trying to play with friends, realize everyone else is too, and the majority of people will choose the server names that sound coolest. DOOM SKULL would get the majority of players of Fluffy Bunny Land.