Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
01.30.2012 , 04:02 PM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Demetriscy View Post
O.K. I have to agree with you on that, title is quite misleading for its content...
This is a fair point, I have changed the title of this thread in order to avoid any further confusion.

AaronPenick
01.30.2012 , 04:02 PM | #62
...........man those few days of write ups and collaboration were totally worth it..../sarcasm

Seriously couldn't believe what I was reading.....

Edit: I am out after this month. You got me to renew with your little carrot of a legacy system in march but from everything i have seen over the last month and a half you guys are fumbling the ball way more then is healthy and I can only imagine how the next big update will just blow up >.<
Please remember to engage your brain before posting on the forums

Chillibongo
01.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #63
so.. will there be a guide on how to improve our FPS?

TaylorM
01.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
To be clear, we never said that this was going to be a quick fix, in fact, I posted the following:

Every PC is different, and we wanted to help folks understand the different settings in SWTOR and how they each affect performance including FPS. SWTOR is a demanding game and the PC is a complex machine. It's not always possible to have a single "fix" for various issues and our hope is for this guide to act as a reference to help diagnose your specific issues. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
[/color]
so it took all of you great developers over a month to realize that turning shadows off can improve fps. You honestly thought none of us knew that?

Daemonjax
01.30.2012 , 04:05 PM | #65
What exactly were you guys expecting? Something like:

Here are some ini configuration settings we forgot to tell everyone about:

disableLowFPSinWarzones = 1
enableHighFPSinFleet = 1

???

Troese
01.30.2012 , 04:06 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHemsky View Post
This is a joke.

After the 1.5-2 months of silence on the issue, THIS, is what you came up with? I've been checking the forums daily to hear word from you guys about the problem, and THIS, is your big crack at it?

Holy crap. Good day SWTOR, EA, Bioware.
this ^^

Darthbeerbot
01.30.2012 , 04:06 PM | #67
This "guide" should serve as a solid reminder to the entire MMO community that you guys are in over your heads.

"High settings are high and may cause low fps, hurr durr." Really?

Why do you continue to be so arrogant and think so little of your customers? Is the general assumption that we're all 60-something luddites? This is 2012, your target demographic is mostly tech-savvy and expects a little more from you than catering to the lowest common denominator.

cynicalyouth
01.30.2012 , 04:07 PM | #68
did any of you really think that Bioware was going to tell you to modify the ini file? As a company all they can do is tell you how to use the in game graphics settings. We aren't supposed to edit the ini file, we are supposed to use the settings they give us.

You edit the ini file wrong and the game won't start. Bioware knows that the average person can't be trusted to edit a file like that correctly without causing them more support calls and headaches because people are putting 9 instead of space 9 into a file. You would be suprised by how many people would mess up adding the line AntiAliasingLevel = 2 to the file.

No one but bioware knows how many people are putting in support calls and having fps issues. I know that personally I am happy with my performance on both the fleet and when doing PVP. I have a bit of an alt problem so I can't comment on Ilium. The two most common threads I see on the forum are bad fps and why did you take away my highres textures my system is a beast and the game runs perfect I can support them.

An official guide can never be anything more then this just like they cannot officially support manual patching. You shouldn't have been expecting otherwise.

Niuxuu
01.30.2012 , 04:07 PM | #69
Was hoping for some client.ini changes. The guide you posted is just a tutorial on how to tweet the graphic options. There is something wrong with your game Bioware. I can run BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Starcraft II, and others on maximum settings with no fps drops. SWTOR is the exception, however the system requirements are relatively 'low'.
Please give us a real fix.

(GTX 560 Ti, 8GB RAM, i5 750 @ 2.67GHz)

Thanks for reading.

Jdaddy
01.30.2012 , 04:07 PM | #70
Im kinda questioning to buy and finish ME3 after all of this **** that BW has done. I can tell you now, i wont even try to play the multiplayer part of ME3 if i do get it...its just gonna be buggy as hell and probably have performance issues with that too. No reason for an 8v8 to run at 4-10fps.