Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zakua
01.30.2012 , 03:48 PM | #31
LMAO, sorry had to lol a lil bit.

Ok so not much, I wasnt expecting the one all be all "do this and your game will run" speech but I guess I was in hopes for more then "Shadows decrease performance" (Loose quote)

Bleh
" You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor, TAKE HER AWAY"

AttractiveMale
01.30.2012 , 03:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
IB4 people complain about a bad engine, even though hundreds of thousands of people are playing flawlessly.

Oops. too late.
Im not sure who it is your remind me of. Its someone. But im not sure who. Ah nevermind its gone

anyway, hope something happens about this. Im sure BW will pull through

DeadIRay
01.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #33
no words on that, ... waited all day long to read this bs.

MoonsLightV
01.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #34
IB4 people complain about a bad engine, even though hundreds of thousands of people are playing flawlessly.

Oops. too late.
its nice to make up things ain't it? I can say "hundreds of thousands" of people can play any game just fine too...doesn't mean its true.

Mili
01.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #35

Oops. too late.
lol ****... noone on my server gets more then 20fps in ilum.
U are not everyone, U cant know who has problems or not.
even ppl with 15-20fps claim to have no problems... they just dont know their problem

thats a very poor guide, its not even a guide its just telling us the options available ingame... woho...

but continue to post pro bioware stuff renegadegimp
noone but you knows how hardware works, we are all to stupid to install drivers so we get bad fps in ilum with our i7/gtx580.

maybe we should put our settings to low? oh no difference in quality or performance? maybe set it to high? oh no qualitiy difference again... u all must be blind fanboys if 20fps in ilum is ok for you.

Makazestorm
01.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #36
Ive been patient with bioware. But I got to admit my patience is being severly tested and stretched thin. I understand new mmos have problems and need time to fix. But seriously this isnt a guide. This is stating the obvious with some common sense. Instead we should get a post stating we know the engine needs alot of optimization. Or honestly just say we dont know how to fix it and have no solution.

If bioware were completely honest with the community. There would be a sense of calm. Ive been patient and still am patient. But im disturbed that they are acting like its our fault. When it is clearly not since high end machines like mine are effected in one form or another. This is not a guide. Its a slap in the face.

I will continue to observe and be patient. But im also going to be honest.
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.

Chillibongo
01.30.2012 , 03:51 PM | #37
im really not sure what to think :S

wasn't this write up supposed to improve our FPS for our PC's?

Gantoris_Aym
01.30.2012 , 03:51 PM | #38
No offense, but I shouldn't have to turn all my settings to pure $h!T settings for the game to just run Poorly at best. I shouldn't have to PAY for this either. I don't have a solution because I'm not a computer programmer. But if I follow YOUR (un)HELPFUL instructions, I should see marginal improvement right? Well I don't, What I see is a choppy screen and a terrifying lag.

oh and what's with the turn radius? I can't ever seem to walk directly towards anything.

Demetriscy
01.30.2012 , 03:51 PM | #39
Give the guy some slack...at least it is the first time they publicly achknowledge that even top-end systems suffer fps issues....I mean what did you expect from this "guide" anyway, a magical console line that will alleviate the issues? The issues will be fixed over time with patches, not in a week, not in two weeks, it will take months...

JovethGonzalez
01.30.2012 , 03:52 PM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJestersHat View Post
Now, that i've regained my speech, that's about as useful as a lead freakin' balloon.

Is this it?! The big fix?
To be clear, we never said that this was going to be a quick fix, in fact, I posted the following:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I apologize for the delay in updates on this issue, but as I mentioned before, we needed time to gather data and put all of our information together in one digestible format.

We just finished editing a document that we hope to be able to publish as a forum post here in the CS forums as early as tomorrow.

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) for your PCs.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences here and for your patience as we work to continually improve your gaming experience.

Every PC is different, and we wanted to help folks understand the different settings in SWTOR and how they each affect performance including FPS. SWTOR is a demanding game and the PC is a complex machine. It's not always possible to have a single "fix" for various issues and our hope is for this guide to act as a reference to help diagnose your specific issues. Thank you for taking the time to read it.