Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What kind of gear do i need to go in OPS?

ArcanasQ
01.30.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1
Simple question and a general one if i may say.
I would like to discuss ,recieve answers from people who do a lot of OPS ,what kind of gear should someone have to at least try and go into a OP.

What a tank should have as gear,a DPS,a healer etc etc.

Natarii
01.30.2012 , 03:00 PM | #2
Basically lvl 50 blues or better would be sufficient to start normal mode operations. Daily commendations obtained from Ilum and Belsavis dailies also give you access to rank 23 purple mods of the Hilt/Barrel/Armoring types that will certainly get you up to par.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

andrew_b_gross
01.30.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcanasQ View Post
Simple question and a general one if i may say.
I would like to discuss ,recieve answers from people who do a lot of OPS ,what kind of gear should someone have to at least try and go into a OP.

What a tank should have as gear,a DPS,a healer etc etc.
Normal mode ops are no harder than HM FPs.

We cleared EV on our first night there without having read up on any of the fights past the first one in advance, and we had 2 people that had dinged 50 that week and our tank was wearing 4 green items.

If you want to make sure you're not a drag on your group, spend two nights getting daily commendations by doing the repeatable Balsavis and Ilum quests, make sure all of your slots have the Armor/Hilts you buy with the commendations and you are using the mods/enhancements you get from the daily heroics or buy equivilent on GTN. Maybe 3-5 hours' worth of play spread over 2 nights. You'll be absolutely fine for normal mode Ops.

I think a lot of us were mislead by thinking normal mode Ops were like normal mode Raids in WoW, but they're not, they're much easier. Which I think is a good thing: the scenery is pretty and some of the fight mechanics are interesting, so it's cool that even very casual players will get to experiene it all. But I don't think you really need to worry at all about gear levels or raid composition or anything like that until at least Hardmode Ops, maybe not even until Nightmare.
Mask of Nihilus: Legacy (30): Meijin | Sentinel (50): Tesuji | Shadow (25): Sente
Defenestrator: Legacy (1): Meijin | Marauder (34): Shusaku

ArcanasQ
01.30.2012 , 03:08 PM | #4
Thanks for your responces guys,i think that many people could benefit from them if they search in the forums,cause like me many think these OPS are...nightmerish,again thanks a lot!

Natarii
01.30.2012 , 03:11 PM | #5
Normal mode ops are not terribly difficult, to be honest. If you've raided in other games, there's no surprises here. The gear check for normal is pretty generous - hardmode is another story though! The only 'hard' boss in Eternity Vault normal is the final guy, and that's mostly a coordination issue, and bit of a dps race at the end - if you're concerned about gear, when you get to him, have everyone bounce out of the instance, go cash in any tokens and upgrade what they can, then try.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire