Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:17 PM | #1
Just like in the beta, the camera is literally uncontrollable. Even with the camera speed set to 1% it tough to control. At 50% it is laughable...moving my mouse 1cm literally spins the camera 20 times around my character. This is with my mouse (Razer Naga) at the lowest possible DPI.

This was an issue in the beta, but I was hoping it would be fixed by now. This makes the game tough to play...not impossible, but I'd rather go play something else, with this issue.

Video (keep in mind this is with very small movements of the mouse): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiNVi-tdsw

EDIT: Second video -- explained on second page: Set my DPI to my normal setting (1800) then moved the mouse about 3" slowly across my mouse pad. This is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RC2hX4z6Qw

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:24 PM | #2
Bump...forums moving too fast. It would be nice if there was a solution for this. :/ I'm not the type to usually say this, but I will honestly have to cancel my preorder on the 19th if this isn't fixed. As much as I truly enjoy every other aspect of the game, I can't pay $80 for a game that's frustrating to play.

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 08:27 PM | #3
I'm playing with a Naga as well, and have actually found the camera speeds to be a bit slower than I like. Have you checked in-game for any camera options you can change?
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
I'm playing with a Naga as well, and have actually found the camera speeds to be a bit slower than I like. Have you checked in-game for any camera options you can change?
Ya. In the video link you can see that I'm changing the camera speed. 50% is absolutely unplayable and 0% is difficult to play. :/ Unless there's another a setting I'm unaware of.

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:37 PM | #5
Bump? Wow...

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 08:38 PM | #6
Do you have the Naga desktop control module on your PC? If so, please check your DPI. Mine is at 1800 and had no issues...
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:41 PM | #7
Do you have the Naga desktop control module on your PC? If so, please check your DPI. Mine is at 1800 and had no issues...
Mine is at 800 DPI, with this issue. I normally play around 1800-2000 on most games. If I turn up the DPI to what I normally use, you can't even see anything on the screen...it's just one big swirling blur. This is not a hardware setup issue on my side, I can assure you of that.

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 08:42 PM | #8
Wow.... I'm at a loss for you then, friend. I hope you can get a rep/mod to give you some advice.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 08:44 PM | #9
Wow.... I'm at a loss for you then, friend. I hope you can get a rep/mod to give you some advice.
Thank you for trying, anyways. Getting ideas for help is always good. :P

Wapner
12.14.2011 , 09:00 PM | #10
Bump. More help would be nice.