Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

best class story?

limenutpen
01.30.2012 , 05:50 AM | #11
Have done only Jedi Consular, full light side. But I like a lot our third chapter.
First Chapter - 6/10 good and Star Wars but lacks that certain magic to make it special
Second Chapter - 3/10 grinding kind of phase
Third Chapter - 9/10 very Star Wars is all I can say
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

lineschmidt
01.30.2012 , 05:53 AM | #12
Imperial Agent
Great story except for a select few occasions

Caelrie
01.30.2012 , 08:37 AM | #13
A lot of times I didn't like that the Imperial Agent story was so similar to the planet storylines that I couldn't tell I was doing a class quest unless I looked in my quest log.

AlfiereDBC
01.30.2012 , 09:40 AM | #14
Imo the BH story is really lame, it's just a silly reason to collect bounties and it's poorly written (the Taris part is awful). The SW story is just like you imagine it; last part of each chapter is really good.

Roda
01.30.2012 , 10:00 AM | #15
To be honest, the "fun" factor of each class story will also be influenced by your Force alignment.

I found my DS aligned Sith Inquisitor story to be cliche and thoughtlessly evil. Yet I've found the complete opposite as a LS aligned Sith Warrior. Considering the SW's boss, the standard LS tactic of "take them alive" actually makes sense. Also there have been some really rich and interesting story opportunities that a DS aligned SW would have never chosen.

Spoiler

LyriaFrost
01.30.2012 , 10:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
A lot of times I didn't like that the Imperial Agent story was so similar to the planet storylines that I couldn't tell I was doing a class quest unless I looked in my quest log.
That's actually one of the things that made the IA story GREAT to me. It blended so seamlessly into the planet's storyline that it made the entire planet feel like it was part of the IA story.

It never felt like "I'm here to do X, but I'm getting sidetracked on fifty million other random, unrelated things, yawn".

Each planet was one giant class quest. Even Balmorra didn't feel as tedious with the agent as it did with the other classes I've run through there on.

I guess it depends on how you look at it though.

SpeesMuhrines
01.30.2012 , 12:46 PM | #17
+1 for lightside SW....

On Voss ATM, but so far its been a blast. A good many of these quests would have been impossible for me to solo (I'm under-leveled, haven't grinded / pvp'd at all) without trying to work out a peaceful solution, which in many cases gives me allies, avoids fights altogether, or half the enemies accept the surrender and don't fight me.

Of course, thats not to say I only make light side choices... in act 3 I made quite a few dark side choices. I do not forgive betrayers or cowards...

Izarith
02.20.2012 , 10:27 AM | #18
It really boils down to what you, as a person, enjoy.

I started an IA because I read on the forums the story was interesting. I'm picking light and dark side choices based on how I feel about the particular situation, so right now I am more light than dark. I am not really getting in to the IA story as much as I did with my smugglers story, but I am also only on Balmorra and it's been okay so far.
Out of the SW and JK story lines, I think the SW is more interesting but I didn't really dig playing either class that much.
Between BH and Trooper, I like the trooper better. I just enjoy playing that class more as well as the story.
SI and JC, I really like the SI a lot more than the JC, the JC just seemed more boring to me. Also, Khem Val is really cool.

So my ranks, based on my personal preferences in terms of class and story are as follows:
Smuggler
Trooper
IA
SI
BH
SW/JK (feel about the same with these)
JC

Also, I really just enjoy playing republic side more than imperial side. NPCs are just so mean on the imperial side , sometimes I just want to hug a Sith and tell them that it will be okay.
I second that emotion

loudshirt
02.20.2012 , 09:59 PM | #19
I have a JC(16ish), JK(23ish), Smug(11ish), Trooper(11ish), and BH(18ish). My favorite story so far is BH. Part is because it is so different from the goodie goodie side. It has kept my interest and is a visually fun class to play. Part is I just like the voice actor sarcasm. Also I play how I feel. I dont choose dark side just to choose dark side. After reading this thread I think my next one may be an IA.

AetherMcLoud
02.21.2012 , 02:25 AM | #20
Tie between Agent and Bounty Hunter. Agent is all dark James Bond, BH is pretty much "You da boss, boss!"
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.