Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 7 = Computer Cant Run Game???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error 7 = Computer Cant Run Game???

dpack
12.14.2011 , 07:56 PM | #1
So I keep getting error 7 that pretty much says incompatible system. Sure my processor is under the required which could be why I cant even proceed to run the game but compare this to something like Rift which pretty much has the same system requirements as this game but itll let me run it and go into the game just fine. I just want some clarification as to if they set this up so that a computer that is under in processor req cant even run it period. I can log onto Rift just fine and plays about 40fps and I would imagine if that game would let me atleast play with my under par computer this game would as well. I tried a few recomended fixes on the Error 7 thing but nothing has worked. I just want to know from someone who is of value (like a bioware person) if they made it so the game wont even budge if you dont meet the req,

drdcuddy
12.14.2011 , 07:58 PM | #2
I had the same error and was running a bootcamped macbook pro. It is probably not recognizing your graphics card. Simply go to ati or nvidia and download your specific drivers, then device managed and install them manually. It helped me!
The Sandwich Clan shall inherit the beef.

dpack
12.14.2011 , 08:01 PM | #3
My video card is really good (for its age) and I updated the drivers so I dont think its the card. I think its my processor but if anything I would like to know specific what it is and try to fix the problem. I'm almost 100% sure its the processor but it blows me away that I could run something like Rift fine where as it does have the same spec req. My processor is pretty decent for its age and is a 2.20ghz one but I think the fact that its prob not a dual core or whatever may be the reason.

Sacredshade
12.14.2011 , 08:03 PM | #4
my processor and RAM are both under minimum req but I can still run the game without errors (and occasional crash sometimes but thats expected)
Member of
E X I L E S
EU Sith Casual Guild

Forum | Website | Guild HQ

Peetza
12.14.2011 , 08:03 PM | #5
I think units under min reqs are flagged to show Error code 7. It's just really hard to get Bioware to say this lol. Maybe once your payment clears we'll have more info on this error.

Peetza
12.14.2011 , 08:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sacredshade View Post
my processor and RAM are both under minimum req but I can still run the game without errors (and occasional crash sometimes but thats expected)
What processor are you running?

dpack
12.14.2011 , 08:56 PM | #7
I'm assuming one that cant run this game but its a AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2.20GHz. Im sure this is the problem but seeing as though alot of people are having this problem not sure. The speed on my processor meets the speed req but not the dual or duo core

dpack
12.14.2011 , 08:56 PM | #8
my bad i realized you asked the other person

nerdyindeed
12.14.2011 , 10:01 PM | #9
drdcuddy do you mean you fixed your problem? and youre running it on bootcamp?
En Taro Tassadar

nerdyindeed
12.14.2011 , 10:13 PM | #10
drdcuddy do you mean you fixed your problem? and youre running it on bootcamp?
En Taro Tassadar