Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star wars Movie legacy

KallaMan
01.29.2012 , 06:14 PM | #1
Hello fellow readers, i'm just pointing out some things that have me puzzled about the Star Wars franchise and George Lucas' plans on its future. I've notice that Lucas is making episodes 1-6 for theatres in 3D and that he's still "talking" about a live TV series. In my Opinion, i feel that George Lucas is bleeding Episodes 1-6 and anything between completely dry of creative juices. it would seem he doesn't have any future plans for this great franchise, but i hope that i'm wrong by the end of 2017. I'm ponder what he should do.1. Think about an Epilogue to the 6 episode saga(highly doubt it).2. remake the original Trilogy with updated technology in the movie industry.or 3., make new episodic movies based on the times of the Old Republic. i wish to lean to 3 but i feel he has nothing to offer us as it is no longer "his" franchise but the fans, authors and Developers who has expanded on the Star Wars universe. I hope he thinks of something because honeslty watching the same story over and over means its basically over. I'd like your opinions on the thread and hope many will contribute. Also i wasn't sure if there was already a thread discussing this either so my apologies if there is. and please no Trolling...

Kinlopunim
01.29.2012 , 06:39 PM | #2
he's said that he will not make an episode 7 or anything close. there was an article where he alluded to his decision because of the fans throwing a fit whenever he made a movie. he still will let the license be used by others and he will walk in to keep his creative touch on it. but yes, he has subjected himself to bleeding whats already out. too bad he doesn't try to "touch up" episodes 1-3 like he did with the original. maybe a jawa falling off his mount will spice up those senate scenes.

OutOfSight
01.29.2012 , 08:12 PM | #3
I would be cool to see Han and Luke again, in their twilight days. (Still played by their respective actors)
I can only hope.
"It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

KallaMan
02.01.2012 , 12:11 AM | #4
yes, it would be great to see how the characters fare after the battle of yavin 4, but his concern for the opinion of his fans is exagerated. no matter what if it's Star Wars, ppl are gonna go see it, no matter how much they complain. the reason the prequel was made was because ppl wanted to kno how vader came to be, the story was basically surrounded around Aniken/vader. also if you watch the new blu-ray DVD he released they did make minor adjustments to the movies, very minor, and only because the tech used to make it is still new. Idk why the old generation complained about the 1-3 prequel. it wasn't really for there generation to build on. George did what he did because he wanted to and showed his fans that there are more questions then answers in the star wars universe. ppl who rant about the original trilogy to stuck on the old traditions like old ppl are. Most feel that "if it isn't broken don't fix it". but i lean more to the other saying:" change or die". and george lucas chose to go in a different direction. I can't be one of those fans who dwell on the original trilogy because i wasn't around to experience it without the secial effects added to it. the prequels is where i started as a fan and it ddnt disappoint

Liamo
02.01.2012 , 03:00 AM | #5
Lucas, at Celebration 3, said he was open to movies in The Old Republic Era IF the Cartoon series did well (it has) AND if the Live Action series is a hit.
By the time the Live Action one has a 5 year run, it'll be near 2017, so who knows. Maybe he will finally let someone else play in his sandbox.
It didn't sound like he wanted to do them but he could "see it" being done.

BTW, people usually doubt me on this quote and I can offer no proof other than "I heard it with my own 2 ears."
I've confirmed it with 3 other people that were in the first Lucas session at C3.
It was in response to the question "Could you ever see a Star Wars movie set in the Old Republic era."
It didn't seem to get reported and, to this day, I've never understood why.
Well, with Star Wars:Underworld doing time travel stuff (supposedly) I guess anything is possible.

GhostRiderLSOV
02.01.2012 , 03:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
I would be cool to see Han and Luke again, in their twilight days. (Still played by their respective actors)
I can only hope.
Mark Hamill has put on a bit of weight, so... it would be kind of hard to portray him as a jedi right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEMM0JCR44

Not sure about Harrison Ford.
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server

RavensDaemon
02.01.2012 , 03:20 AM | #7
yet we see fat Jedi around (body type 3 and 4), just saying.

GhostRiderLSOV
02.01.2012 , 03:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RavensDaemon View Post
yet we see fat Jedi around (body type 3 and 4), just saying.
But they're not Luke.
And the Force helps you even if you're fat.

But what about the fat troopers? How did they pass basic training?
On the Frostclaw server

Alohen
02.01.2012 , 05:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostRiderLSOV View Post
But they're not Luke.
And the Force helps you even if you're fat.

But what about the fat troopers? How did they pass basic training?
Body Type 4 is just stupid for all Classes, maybe except for Smugglers, the only thing they're smugglin' is cake
Aradus Dikarii - Jedi Guardian

Darth Koran - Sith Assassin

GhostRiderLSOV
02.01.2012 , 05:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Alohen View Post
Body Type 4 is just stupid for all Classes, maybe except for Smugglers, the only thing they're smugglin' is cake
Signature material!
On the Frostclaw server