Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who here loves to play as the underdog?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Who here loves to play as the underdog?

BladeStrike
12.14.2011 , 08:36 AM | #11
Well I'm choosing a class I like to play. I'll choose whichever mirror class needs more though.

Komatmebro
12.14.2011 , 02:14 PM | #12
Though I'll play through all classes I'm going smuggler/gslinger since it seems the least likely to have players according to several of the early polls.

Evuke
12.14.2011 , 03:06 PM | #13
anyone posting here that is a Sith obviously does NOT like playing the underdog.

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 04:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Disastersaurus View Post
I'm pretty indifferent. I was set on Jedi Sentinel for quite a awhile.

That said, I was admittedly pretty happy to see most Force-Users going Sith or Shadow, I've noticed comparatively few Sentinels so far.

I think you'll be safe with Sentinel, at least for the first few months, before raiding starts dominating what everyone is doing.

Once "raiding season" starts up, you'll see a large number of rerolls.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Twighlight
12.14.2011 , 04:24 PM | #15
Honestly, the cream will always rise above the rest.

Even in a sea of Sith, you will be able to figure out which ones know what they're doing fairly quickly. Additionally, if you can distinguish yourself and find a good guild, then it really won't matter how many people are playing your chosen class.

That said,

I have played the underdog in other games, and I just don't want to do it anymore. You have to fight harder in PvP, and are often heavily outnumbered in open-PvP environments (sounds like fun, but the truth is often far less heroic). In PvE you have a harder time finding groups, especially for larger group content (raids). Also, you have less selection in terms of dropping an under-performing person for a better player, because there simply aren't enough good players to go around (great if you have the good players, but odds are you won't).

I have nothing against people rolling Republic, but you guys need to understand what you are getting into. Sure, there will be Republic heavy servers, but they will definitely be the exception. There is good to be an underdog, but the negatives far outweigh them for me.
The song ends. The song begins.
{The Constant}
Skulke - Agent - Operative - Medic

Vengola
12.14.2011 , 05:00 PM | #16
I do not play as underdog because it is my mission in life or some crap like that but stuff that attracts me tends to end up as being underdog among the masses.

Basically I like fun and gimmicky stuff, less popular specs like Demonology Warlocks, Necromancers instead of nukers, Combat Rogues, Mercenary/Traps Masterminds, Fury Warriors, Gun users in superhero games etc etc.

In here shared tree specs would probably qualify, like Madness, Pyrotech or Lethality.

That said I am honestly happy that Sniper does what it says on the box in this game. I am sick to my *** of gun users being weakest power sets and having webs, slows and crap like that instead of grenades and air strikes.

hooty
12.14.2011 , 07:58 PM | #17
There's no need to fear.....
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.