Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make nightmare mode actually nightmare not "slightly harder"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Make nightmare mode actually nightmare not "slightly harder"

psysention
01.28.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1
Only difference between standart, hard and nightmare modes are boss hp and lil bit boss main ability damage...
besides that same old mechanics on all boss fights...

For example soa hits 200 dmg on nightmare mode during jumping phase
200 hp? are you kidding me? i have 19k hp as dps player... 200 damage neither would kill me nor my healers go OOM... That 200 damage should be increased to 2000 aoe damage...

Ok i understand you want this game to be played by so-called casual gamers, and i understand you guys are aiming for so-called casual gamer market...
All these so-called casual gamers are quitting the game already, we saw a lot of "i quit blah blah" posts on the forums... the players who are not gonna quit until there is a better game are Hardcore players...

You guys said there will be raids for every type of player, standart for casuals, hard mode for semi-cores and nightmare mode for hardcore...

so where is the actual "nightmare" mode, cause current nightmare mode is just a joke...
either make this harder or i am "outta" here... just kidding i am not outta here until gw2 release..

Make this game lil challenging please, are we playing Starwars MMO or hello kitty online 2 ??? i am really confused here why this game is so easy on the so-called "nightmare " end-game content...

psysention
01.28.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2
maybe instead of keeping the boss mechanics same, add new mechanic + abilities on each harder diffuculty...

Bioware do you really want to loose hardcore gamers also with your easy end-game?

make it challenging, make it harder...

1 week of wipe is not a challenge...

and do not just aim for the casual gamer market... because those players will always leave you cause those players are the ones who are unpredictable and total noob...

-Arcane-
01.28.2012 , 09:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psysention View Post
Only difference between standart, hard and nightmare modes are boss hp and lil bit boss main ability damage...
besides that same old mechanics on all boss fights...

For example soa hits 200 dmg on nightmare mode during jumping phase
200 hp? are you kidding me? i have 19k hp as dps player... 200 damage neither would kill me nor my healers go OOM... That 200 damage should be increased to 2000 aoe damage...

Ok i understand you want this game to be played by so-called casual gamers, and i understand you guys are aiming for so-called casual gamer market...
All these so-called casual gamers are quitting the game already, we saw a lot of "i quit blah blah" posts on the forums... the players who are not gonna quit until there is a better game are Hardcore players...

You guys said there will be raids for every type of player, standart for casuals, hard mode for semi-cores and nightmare mode for hardcore...

so where is the actual "nightmare" mode, cause current nightmare mode is just a joke...
either make this harder or i am "outta" here... just kidding i am not outta here until gw2 release..

Make this game lil challenging please, are we playing Starwars MMO or hello kitty online 2 ??? i am really confused here why this game is so easy on the so-called "nightmare " end-game content...

TOTALLY AGREE OP!

Nightmare in this game is easier than normal mode in other games.

come on devs put some effort in to the balancing, not just hardmode is +10% and nightmare is +20%.

More mechanics, more player skill checks, more fun!

Example. SOA could have been such an epic boss on nightmare 16man but the transitions are pointless, the health on the nodes is 5k in normal, hard and nightmare 8 and 16man.

This totally removes the mechanic of dps raid in transitions or being hit by the aoe when he lands as 1 dps can easily do all the nodes by himself.

Also what the hell is up with 2 balls in phase 3 16man nightmare, are you joking?

now the balls tell you in BIG RED DAMN LETTERS who its targeting whya re there FEWER OF THEM NOT MORE.

Facepalm.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

psysention
01.28.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Arcane- View Post
TOTALLY AGREE OP!

Nightmare in this game is easier than normal mode in other games.

come on devs put some effort in to the balancing, not just hardmode is +10% and nightmare is +20%.

More mechanics, more player skill checks, more fun!

Example. SOA could have been such an epic boss on nightmare 16man but the transitions are pointless, the health on the nodes is 5k in normal, hard and nightmare 8 and 16man.

This totally removes the mechanic of dps raid in transitions or being hit by the aoe when he lands as 1 dps can easily do all the nodes by himself.

Also what the hell is up with 2 balls in phase 3 16man nightmare, are you joking?

now the balls tell you in BIG RED DAMN LETTERS who its targeting whya re there FEWER OF THEM NOT MORE.

Facepalm.
totally agree

developers must put on some effort

this games "nightmare" raids are easier than any raid in wow or rift

psysention
01.29.2012 , 04:59 PM | #5
bump

Jest
01.29.2012 , 06:05 PM | #6
Maybe it's just me.. but asking for more mechanics and harder difficulty when the OPS are still littered with bugs seems like a bad idea.