Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Riddle me this...

Deaththrows
12.14.2011 , 01:34 AM | #1
Why can I download the clients and games for WOW, Rift, and Star Trek Online with no problems but SWTOR won't work? No replies to emails sent, phone number for tech support got me to billing and accounts but no tech support. Looking through the forums and seeing alot of problem threads but the only time I saw a post from CS was to say they were closing a thread because the guy gave up on SWTOR. Maybe maybe some of the $130 mil to make this game should have gone into the launcher or at least some paid advice from other games with working launchers and clients.

thaxtl
12.14.2011 , 01:35 AM | #2
magic 8 ball says....need more info
Support Open World PvP
here

plandream
12.14.2011 , 01:36 AM | #3
Try to use Administrative rights i.e. right click- Run As Adminstrator.And post your detailed problem please!!!

Deaththrows
12.14.2011 , 01:48 AM | #4
Ok, opened ports 80,2052-2053,8995, 12000-12999, 20000-30000, added SWTOR.exe, SWTOR_setup.exe, and Launcher.exe to firewall exemtions. Then shut down firewall completely. Running as admin, no anti-virus programs,no peerblocker, IPblock, Hotspot Shield, ect. Went to pre-launcher download clicked it ran for a few seconds and nothing. Opened up AppData and found the SWTOR_setup.exe icon and Launcher.exe icon but they don't do anything more than the original download. Tried in safe mode with internet and nothing.Updated Windows 7 and video drivers and Java still nothing.Net Frameworks up to date also.

Tyranthus
12.14.2011 , 02:02 AM | #5
Be patient. I've emailed them a few times, and usually get a response at the 72 hr (3 day) mark.
NORSE, Scoundrel Supreme
<Dawn>

The Harbinger

Ever'day I'm smugglin...

cadetduke
12.14.2011 , 07:24 PM | #6
Here's what I had to do.

Delete the temp folder that it extracts to. I didn't and it didn't matter how many times I tried to run SWTOR_setup.exe it would fail at extracting.

After this I ran it as administrator and it worked fine.

The temp folder is what was causing it to fail while running it as administrator though.