Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Locking up at Cogwheel

jonslady
12.14.2011 , 07:22 PM | #1
Okay. I have a desktop computer, and I'm able to login, watch the beginning video, create my character, and watch the character's video. Then I seem to hit a brick wall! It goes to the loading screen with the cogwheel spinning, but about 25-30% in the loading phase, the cogwheel stops moving and it stops loading. My computer also locks up, and Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+F4 does not do anything either. I have to reboot the computer completely.

I've noticed that the graphics have changed significantly from the Beta version (understandable, of course) when I try it on my gaming laptop, so I'm wondering if this could be some issue with the current video card I'm using. (It was REALLY bad on the desktop computer during Beta too.)

My husband has been watching the Application Task Manager while the game is loading, and he says the "PageFile" memory is being used up more than RAM for some reason.

Oh, and the computer definitely meets the minimum requirements that are stated from BW (of course that could be understated, in my opinion).

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?
Squadron 11-11-11

*Never Forget*