Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware messing up accounts, support is rubish

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bioware messing up accounts, support is rubish
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xaesthetics
12.14.2011 , 06:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings All,

The length of your Early Access depends on when you redeemed your pre-order code.

Further information regarding this can be found in the FAQ here.
I could be wrong, but it sounds like the original poster (like myself) redeemed a pre-order code a while back (I redeemed mine on July 30, the day I bought the game and received the email).

What has happened is that the pre-order code was mysteriously wiped from some customer's accounts. This also happened to me and it's happened to others, at least one other in my guild. I went ahead and re-entered my code when I realized this happened, and I now assume the most recent re-entry of my code is when I'll be scheduled to be given early access by. Now, this kinda feels like I got cheated, as I did read the instructions and followed the rules.... but, oh well. Early access is early access, whenever you get it I guess.

Many of those that this had happened to didn't even have access to post this on the forums until today, even though some had re-entered their pre-order codes days ago, and with having very few other options to contact customer service, I can understand the original poster's frustration.

JediJonesJr
12.14.2011 , 06:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sketchyy View Post
There was nothing in that youtube video that said you would gain instant access based on the day of ordering game,he did mention how they wanted to do the the staggering and never a mention about the 13th when they did start the process of sending out emails for access.

Sorry But I understand you and others upset about not getting in 7days or 6 days early, I still have not got in but im not having temper tantrums and rants about how i spent $400 on a video game.
lets just calm down and tomorrow hopefully you all will get the email and the disappointment will fade while you spend hours playing swtor and drinking you're favorite drink and eating chessypoohs.

I understand frustration about not getting in based upon the day you bought game but that would be a issue to make on the 15th if you donít get in.
Will Return After Lunch and lunch is never over.....

PrimeSLP
12.14.2011 , 06:48 PM | #13
Im in the same boat, everyone Im going to play with has early access and we all preorded it at the same time.

now my account is locked because my security questions are different from when I entered them 3 hours ago. support email sent 2 hours ago no response, don't bother calling there is probably a 3 day wait. Might go cancel my preorder

JediJonesJr
12.14.2011 , 06:58 PM | #14
On the security question options I screwed that up myself back on the week prior to the last week of testing, called support did get help, they informed me there is a 1 hour wait (reset)after a screw up on questions you input, you could do a request to change password that worked for me.

but i would try calling them again and they will give you the answers to questions from phone support.
Will Return After Lunch and lunch is never over.....

BGGOOI
12.14.2011 , 07:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Randelf View Post
By the way you have remembered that this game is not released until the 20th of December right? We as consumers are very privileged to have any right whatsoever to log on early. Just want to say thank you to EA and Bioware who have given us this opportunity to log in earlier than planned. I hope the overall community is better than I suspect is a minority from looking at some posts on the forums. Again many thanks to EA and Bioware for an absolute treat in allowing early access
You're the kind of person a company loves...you act as if you owe the company something for giving them your money. I'm not talking about the people who made the game--I'm talking about the people who run the company. They're the ones who are privileged: remember that.

Personally? I've had 2 head-on collisions with the support at EA and Bioware and this is before the game is even out. In both cases, the problem was left unresolved (which is funny because EA kept closing my ticket saying that they fixed the problem when they didn't even know what the problem was 3 emails in...and I was very specific in the first email). And now I've been stuck 4 days trying to unlock my account (this posting means I was finally successful) with a support center that wouldn't even acknowledge that their support number was down (still is, but at least it's not saying the number is out of service)

So, if my experience in the past 3 months is any indicator of the coming months, I'll be taking my money elsewhere. I can buy a hammer for $15 (and get a new one every month) and give myself a headache if that's where this is headed, thank you very much.