Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of communication is unprofessional

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lack of communication is unprofessional

Stejo
01.28.2012 , 11:36 AM | #61
The biodrones are just amazing. It doesn't matter what you complain about. You could be complaining that the game is so awesome that you can't stop playing it. Long as it's a complaint they'll swarm the thread and turn day into night.

thomasgallant
01.28.2012 , 11:36 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
1) It rarely has any useful detail. "We are looking into that"
2) There isn't any dialogue there. I haven't seen one instance where there has been a conversation with the player community about anything they are concerned about. There is zero back and forth conversation.
maybe the logical answer is we are looking into it.. instead of going into an indept answer as to what they are doing that the average player wouldnt have a clue in what they meant.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Bele
01.28.2012 , 11:37 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
i like how the Ilum exploit was explained to them and they still released it, then pissed everyone off by having to patch it.

Is anyone actually in charge in Bioware?
This i also think is interesting. But to announce an "emergency" patch 8 hours early, why didnt they just do it. If i was of the conspiratory kind i might had jumped to the conclusion that BW rather piss of european customers then americans.

I like the game, i accept bugs and emergencies it comes with the terriotory. But the customer support, or lack there of, really isnt working as intended.....
In the dawn a jedi was teaching, surrounded by an aura of light. But in the shadow something was watching- and with patience awaiting the night

Raansu
01.28.2012 , 11:40 AM | #64
You people ***** too much and act like you have never played a MMO before. At least BW is being active with its updates and fixing things on a weekly basis. They could always go the traditional route and do what other mmo's do and have one massive patch 6 months after launch. Would you rather have that? I'll take a few hours of server down time over waiting months for even minor bug fixes. It's not the end of the damn world, and if it upsets you that much...well then you are addicted and should probably learn to take a break from the game once in awhile.

darkehawke
01.28.2012 , 11:55 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
You people ***** too much and act like you have never played a MMO before. At least BW is being active with its updates and fixing things on a weekly basis. They could always go the traditional route and do what other mmo's do and have one massive patch 6 months after launch. Would you rather have that? I'll take a few hours of server down time over waiting months for even minor bug fixes. It's not the end of the damn world, and if it upsets you that much...well then you are addicted and should probably learn to take a break from the game once in awhile.
lol Bioware have enforced regular breaks on gamers consistently

and Bioware have fixed what they ****ed up in the first place by implementing despite the major flaws being pointed out by testers

i'd rather wait 6 months for new content then have a bug riddled content update forced upon me then having my game time cut down for the next 6 months while the inept devs try to patch what hould never have been put in in the first place
Republic Commando

thomasgallant
01.28.2012 , 11:58 AM | #66

and Bioware have fixed what they ****ed up in the first place by implementing despite the major flaws being pointed out by testers

i'd rather wait 6 months for new content then have a bug riddled content update forced upon me then having my game time cut down for the next 6 months while the inept devs try to patch what hould never have been put in in the first place
YOU might want to wait 6 months for new content..but I am sure you have seen how much complaining is going on that there is no new end game stuff..yadda yadda.. you sir are a minority on the forums regarding waiting for new content..

I applaude your willingness and ability to wait.. I have that same ability..it is called being a rational adult..however a bunch of people here would throw complete tantrums if new content wasnt released ....
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ebbikenezer
01.28.2012 , 11:59 AM | #67

Sounds like there's other games out there for you then, although I'll have to look and see to be sure.

I don't think there's very many that don't update weekly any more, but I could be wrong.

WoW may be close as they initiate a ton of "hotfixes" now in lieu of more server downtime.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

wonderhawk
01.28.2012 , 12:01 PM | #68
To me, it's not about all the maintenance, emergency or otherwise. It's not about all the issues the game has, or the great things about the game (plenty of good and plenty of bad). It's about complete and utter lack of communication. If they can post a communication on FB or Twitter, they can certainly post on their own official website. How long or how much effort is involved in posting communications on twitter, FB and official website? Not much at all, most computer systems these days have a fancy new function known as Copy + Paste. To be honest, this lack of communication dates way back to beta and pre-release on things like early game access, grace period, how ega was going to work (i.e. 4-6 waves per day and these pre-orders only on this day , it took the player base to figure it all out and post that communication). There has been little to no communication on BW's part. Everything else aside, this is their biggest failure and what has become my decision on whether to continue to subscribe or not. It hasn't improved whatsoever. Frustrating to say the least. With a lack of communication, the perception is they don't give a rat's behind.
Pull out Wedge, you aren't doing any good back there. -Luke Skywalker

DarthRik
01.28.2012 , 12:07 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Demorgoth View Post
Where did you see all this advance notice?

I see a post that was posted at 12:10am CST today announcing the patch at 2am CST today. If you have seen it elsewhere, then feel free to point it out

And yet here you are, posting on the forums... And the servers aren't even down any more, so posting on the forums must be more important to you than not only the game, but also all those other things in your life you could be doing right now...
i seen it yesterday on the forum home page at the top, under the maintain title, once second on the list of three, it clear said servers would be down today.

if you look on the forums you will see that Bioware "do" tell the players, its just the players chose to not read what is there infront of them.

so the servers went down, atleast there fixing problems what would you rather they didnt.. and not bother at all???

people seem to just want to QQ about every thing that Bioware does, man from what ive seen they talk to you far more than companys like Blizzard ever did.
We need RVR in this game, lets make world burn with pvp

CE

jaimieeb
01.28.2012 , 12:15 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalantris View Post
I'm actually amused by people stating, that "since they have a life they can take crappy service". Either you don't have a life and are in desperate need of lying to everyone around you, that you do have one, or just got a life after years of not having one and are typical neophites. Just like poeple who just quit smoking and who feel the urge to tell everyone about it. You have a life? Good for you. It doesn't mean Bioware can fail. I have a life too. A good job, a girlfriend, a pack of good friends. Do I need to keep on telling it to strangers on some game forums? No, I don't. Grow up and perhaps get a real life, since you seem to be in need of convincing yourselves you do have one.

Lack of communication from Bioware is unacceptable. So are 5hr downtimes on saturdays.

Regards,
Kalantris

++++1
My backpack's got jets!
Quote: Originally Posted by Jubilee
[Sentinel] is like playing an Excel spreadsheet.