Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Play Button grayed out.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Porta
01.03.2012 , 06:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Porta View Post
Yes the Play button is grayed out again when I close the game and try and relaunch from the launcher. It seems to wait like 15-20 min. before the play button comes back up.
Is there anything further? I know my last post was quite late and maybe you missed the post.

Porta
01.03.2012 , 11:09 PM | #12
I think I fixed it. I turned off Steam and Origin and restarted the Launcher and the play button came right up. I wasn't trying to run SWTOR launcher through either one, but one of them seemed to mess with the startup.

Eiodan
01.07.2012 , 09:11 AM | #13
I don't know if this has anything to do with other player's problems with the greyed out play buttons, but I've found that whenever I try to log into the server that if I press the "Enter" key after entering my password, that it will show the play button grayed out, but if I click on the log in button after typing my password the play button lights up like it should. (This conclusion was made after trying the same thing over and over.) This isn't the first bug like that I've noticed. In game if you open your inventory from the shortcuts at the top of the screen you will be missing your reverse engineering tool, but if you open with the "B" button then you will have the missing tool. Just a couple of things I've noticed. I hope it can help some of the frustrated people out there.
Quit with all the QQ! Pots are in my inventory for a reason.

Ashbound
01.07.2012 , 11:12 PM | #14
I'm having this issue too, and like Eiodan, found it had to do with how I logged in. If I hit Enter, the Play button was greyed out. If I pressed the Login button, it works fine.

This only started happening today. (01/07/2012)

Lame bug, but simple workaround.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eiodan View Post
I don't know if this has anything to do with other player's problems with the greyed out play buttons, but I've found that whenever I try to log into the server that if I press the "Enter" key after entering my password, that it will show the play button grayed out, but if I click on the log in button after typing my password the play button lights up like it should. (This conclusion was made after trying the same thing over and over.) This isn't the first bug like that I've noticed. In game if you open your inventory from the shortcuts at the top of the screen you will be missing your reverse engineering tool, but if you open with the "B" button then you will have the missing tool. Just a couple of things I've noticed. I hope it can help some of the frustrated people out there.

muze_one
01.27.2012 , 10:10 PM | #15
Thank you for posting this. Having the same issue as well. Hope they fix it soon.

CpnWiggler
01.27.2012 , 10:25 PM | #16
I also have this issue playing from my laptop. At certain times when I press a button, it will grey out the "play" button. Always grey's out if I adjust the volume controls using laptop shortkeys. Easy enough for me to avoid though, just gotta not press anything until I click play

JakkFrost
01.28.2012 , 08:54 AM | #17
I've just narrowed it down, on my system at least, to the CTRL button, which is my push-to-talk button on ventrilo. I noticed the play button greying out when I talked on vent after logging in but before hitting play, so I tested it out. I shut down Ventrilo to make sure it wasn't a conflict issue, and logged in a couple of times, hitting each CTRL button in turn, and both times "Play" greyed out.

I couldn't begin to guess why the CTRL button is doing it, but that's what's doing it, at least on my system.

(edit) Note: I'm running on windows XP, my guildie on windows 7 says it's not happening to him, so it may just be an XP issue, if it's not something else entirely in my setup.

JakkFrost
04.14.2014 , 12:02 PM | #18
Necro-bumping this because I've just come back to the game last week, after 2 years away, and realized today that this still hasn't been fixed, even though I figured out what the problem was.

Guess it's not that huge of a deal though, as long as I remember not to push the CTRL button...
A man never truly knows what real happiness is until he gets married... and by then it's too late.