Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP question... from a noob.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP question... from a noob.

Dr_Freeman
12.14.2011 , 06:17 PM | #1
So, honestly, this is my first ever MMO, so some of the aspects are a little confusing to me.

I see all through the PvP servers "(name) is the best PvP server"

Are these just hollow claims? Are these just servers where there's alot of people? Are these servers meant for people who are hardcore PVP? Or what?

Sorry for the stupidity.

Obbu
12.14.2011 , 06:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Freeman View Post
So, honestly, this is my first ever MMO, so some of the aspects are a little confusing to me.

Are these just hollow claims? Are these just servers where there's alot of people? Are these servers meant for people who are hardcore PVP? Or what?

Sorry for the stupidity.
For the most part, they are hollow - if you want to find out where the higher-intensity pvp servers are, look for the posts with guild listings and actual information, rather than anecdotal "PvP here rocks"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=7711

has a good post a few posts down, listing a few numbers - and thats a good starting point

engrey
12.14.2011 , 06:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Freeman View Post

Just claims. Some guilds from other games have joined X-server, and as such want people to join for the "Best" PvP experience. I say find a server that fits you and see how it is, you can always re-make a character if need be. Keeping in mind that PvP is Empire vs. Republic on that server, and as such, a nice rivalry can form between the two allegiances.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Dr_Freeman
12.14.2011 , 06:22 PM | #4
Bump.

Grey_Knight
12.14.2011 , 06:25 PM | #5
I checked a large number of guilds to see what servers they are on and it seems that most of the zerg guilds got tossed onto the same servers which makes everything much better.
Community Malcontent as of 4/20/2011
King of Infraction Points

Nathan_ss
12.14.2011 , 06:35 PM | #6
idk how legit these numbers are, but since there is nothing else to go buy you can check out these population balance sheet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditempire...t_pvp_servers/
Proud Supporter of Open World PVP