Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM to NM Transition in EV

Zeratix
01.27.2012 , 09:19 AM | #1
Hi all,
We tried HMs last week since we had a group of 50s online in guild and got to 4/5 HM in EV with balls totally screwing us on SoA. We are thinking of attempting NM on some of the bosses this week if we can.

Is it possible to switch between HM and NM on a boss by boss basis without bugging the encounters out or does one entire lockout have to be purely HM or NM ?

To those folks who did NM, what are the differences between HM and NM versions of the first 4 bosses in EV ? (We killed Annihilator last week with like 2 people left at 50% health and the rest of the 8 man dead on Hardmode (though we did not hit the enrage which would have probably 1 shot us or have a sniper with us for op mega shield) but the rest 3 were relatively easy on HM so trying to figure out what bosses are within reach for us on NM).

Thanks for taking a look at this. Have a nice day !

Zerix
Sith Marauder/Veela - PVP Server

Gizzle
01.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2
Hey dont do it, you can bug the loot, we did it, didnt get any wep drops off Soa(did 3/4 on nm)Didnt switch to nm this time got all the drops.

Zeratix
01.27.2012 , 09:58 AM | #3
Thanks for the reply. Damn, that sucks. Ok, I guess we will try NM then and see how it goes and if it sucks, we will switch to HM and stick to HM for the whole run.

Hope XRR-3 is not insanely harder than HM on NM.

Melacon
01.27.2012 , 10:06 AM | #4
NM loot is, well, broken like every thing else in operations. If you want to do it just for the codex entries, go for it, but the bosses randomly seem to only drop a schematic and a mod and no rakata gear.

Zeratix
01.27.2012 , 10:33 AM | #5
Codex entries are nice but more purps is also good. Guess it depends on what the raid wants to do tonight.

Thanks for the heads up Thought the issue was only with Master Loot. Did not know NM loot always bugged.

Ashnazg
01.27.2012 , 11:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeratix View Post
Codex entries are nice but more purps is also good. Guess it depends on what the raid wants to do tonight.

Thanks for the heads up Thought the issue was only with Master Loot. Did not know NM loot always bugged.
Its not always bugged. We haven't had any issues with nightmare loot since like 3 weeks ago.

engrey
01.27.2012 , 01:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Melacon View Post
NM loot is, well, broken like every thing else in operations. If you want to do it just for the codex entries, go for it, but the bosses randomly seem to only drop a schematic and a mod and no rakata gear.
I have also read that keeping loot on need/greed will fix that problem and it only bugs when using master loot.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

chillinvillain
01.27.2012 , 01:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Melacon View Post
damn that blows.

< D I V I S I O N S I X >
[ Tor-DivisionSix.com ] [ PvP / Story ]
[ WebComic ] [ Information ]

engrey
01.27.2012 , 02:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chillinvillain View Post

damn that blows.

Should be noted that it sometimes bugs. We did a 5/5 clear on Karaggas and all the loot dropped correctly with nightmare and masterloot on. EV is a different story, we have had times that only a mod and schematic would drop, and that is a bug.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Mythicrose
01.27.2012 , 02:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post

Should be noted that it sometimes bugs. We did a 5/5 clear on Karaggas and all the loot dropped correctly with nightmare and masterloot on. EV is a different story, we have had times that only a mod and schematic would drop, and that is a bug.
My guild had the opposite. Our 4/5 EV nightmare had the correct loot but nothing but columi in the 5/5 nightmare Karagga raid.

To the OP, if you can clear hard, you should be able to do nightmare. XRR is really the benchmark (or was for us). Kill him and you should be golden the rest of the way through.