Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ETA on ML in Normal Operations


Naroga's Avatar


Naroga
01.26.2012 , 12:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vandermire View Post
So, you guys are having trouble with guildies taking loot they don't need/cant use? Seems simple enough get better guildies
Normal mode assigns loot automatically to players. There is no choice as to who gets it, therefore nobody can take something they can't need/use. Instead, the game gives them things they don't need

Thoffs's Avatar


Thoffs
01.26.2012 , 02:57 PM | #12
Yes, this is terrible for guilds trying to gear up new people. Last night in our guild chat for an ops group, they said that of 7 pieces that dropped, only one went to a person that could use it as the other folks that the items were assigned to had equivalent items.

When I first heard about this auto-assignment of loot before the game was released, I was under the *mistaken* impression that a loot piece dropped for *everybody* in the ops group, so that everybody would get something, and so I thought it would be a good thing. But that is not how it works, and the current system is flawed.

Adding a working master loot option to nomal ops does not hurt PUG raids, because if somebody did not like this option, just don't join that op and join one that will use auto-assignment loot instead of master looter.

Or as suggested elsewhere, let items be tradeable for two hours - that is a viable solution as well.

These fixes are really no-brainers and should be implemented.

Nissin's Avatar


Nissin
01.26.2012 , 03:08 PM | #13
Terrible loot system but thanks for allowing me to give my companion full purple gear!
Nissin
Something Novel

Lightforce's Avatar


Lightforce
01.26.2012 , 04:18 PM | #14
I just wished we could get some official post from BW this is getting ridiculous!!!

Bobiefatt's Avatar


Bobiefatt
01.26.2012 , 06:15 PM | #15
After 3 runs in a 8 mans operation.
Everytime a piece of loot went to someone who needed it.
Out of the about 13 kills only once someone got a piece they dident need.

We have been gearing up our people rapidly and i really dont see what the OP is on about.
Might not be the best system ever but it seems its working fine.

got 6 drops, and in all 6 slots it was an improvement.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Lightforce's Avatar


Lightforce
01.26.2012 , 07:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
After 3 runs in a 8 mans operation.
Everytime a piece of loot went to someone who needed it.
Out of the about 13 kills only once someone got a piece they dident need.

We have been gearing up our people rapidly and i really dont see what the OP is on about.
Might not be the best system ever but it seems its working fine.

got 6 drops, and in all 6 slots it was an improvement.
Well mate, i am really happy for you, but if you would think a little bit longer, and thats not as an offence, then you would realise that the loot is given out RANDOMLY. So some raids, like yours, will be very lucky, some raids like mine, will not.

So how do we improve to your luck level ? Can you help me with that plz ?
Do i need to eat more vegetables ?
Can i have your lucky panda ?

Seriously, randomness is never good... cause if you say that randomsness is good, well, then mayby they shouldn t remove the bugs in fight either ? Some bosses just oneshotting ppl for no reason, you won t see the problem there either i guess ?

Enshy's Avatar


Enshy
01.26.2012 , 08:42 PM | #17
So for example after killing a boss in normal operation there were 2 relics. One is with healing procs, one with DPS procs. Our healer got the DPS one (she is Agent) and I got the healing one (I`m DPS mercenary). This is really great improvement for both of us = )

Bobiefatt's Avatar


Bobiefatt
01.27.2012 , 03:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightforce View Post
Well mate, i am really happy for you, but if you would think a little bit longer, and thats not as an offence, then you would realise that the loot is given out RANDOMLY. So some raids, like yours, will be very lucky, some raids like mine, will not.

So how do we improve to your luck level ? Can you help me with that plz ?
Do i need to eat more vegetables ?
Can i have your lucky panda ?

Seriously, randomness is never good... cause if you say that randomsness is good, well, then mayby they shouldn t remove the bugs in fight either ? Some bosses just oneshotting ppl for no reason, you won t see the problem there either i guess ?
You seem to forget that this is only on normal.
Why would you run normal? to gear up those who needed.
And what ive seen so far, thats exactly what it does.

We had 3 somewhat lesser geared players in our raid.
All of them got 3 pieces of loot on the first 3 bosses.
Might be random but its not an obstacle to gear ppl up.
If your getting s*it loot, maybe its time to move on to hard mode?

Not trying to be a ********, i dont know if its better on hard mode because we havent done that yet (will do tonight) but on normal ive not seen the problem.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Lightforce's Avatar


Lightforce
01.27.2012 , 08:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
You seem to forget that this is only on normal.
Why would you run normal? to gear up those who needed.
And what ive seen so far, thats exactly what it does.

We had 3 somewhat lesser geared players in our raid.
All of them got 3 pieces of loot on the first 3 bosses.
Might be random but its not an obstacle to gear ppl up.
If your getting s*it loot, maybe its time to move on to hard mode?

Not trying to be a ********, i dont know if its better on hard mode because we havent done that yet (will do tonight) but on normal ive not seen the problem.
Your not getting the point, when we got alot of fresh lvl 50 and we got a pve core team whos already decently geared, they only need 1/2 pieces of columni. But they got more pieces in run then those who rly needed. Pieces are beeing wasted, can you rly promote a system that promotes waisting loot when ppl need it ?
Is this rly what Bioware wants to advertise ? Are you rly such a fanboy ? That you blindly find everything good they do without thinking about the global picture here ?

realID's Avatar


realID
01.27.2012 , 08:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
You seem to forget that this is only on normal.
Why would you run normal? to gear up those who needed.
And what ive seen so far, thats exactly what it does.
So since luck has been on your group's side, it's a perfectly OK mechanism.

For those of us seeing useful pieces go to people who already have equal or better items... The system is flawed.

There is no harm to anyone by introducing an OPTIONAL Master Looter option to normal Ops.