Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

Salty_Wagyu
01.27.2012 , 08:13 AM | #1
I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?

Iwipe
01.27.2012 , 08:18 AM | #2
Generally, you always want to over-prepare someone for a quest. This way, if they do manage it to do it with less people than specified they feel a sense of accomplishment and if they failed they will understand the reason why they failed.

If you under-prepare people to the difficulty of a quest, they will feel frustrated and QQ alot more if they fail to accomplish it with the specified amount of people.

Maglen
01.27.2012 , 08:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Salty_Wagyu View Post
I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?
No.

<10Char
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

Sykomyke
01.27.2012 , 08:19 AM | #4

Some Heroic 2's can be solod already with a well geared companion and skillful use of all the skills available to you.

But in short: No, I don't think so. They provide decent rewards usually (either blue/orange gear) and shouldn't just be handed out. None of the heroics are required either. They are there to let you challenge yourself/find a group to beat the "heroic" but by no means are you required to complete any of them to move on.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Zekid
01.27.2012 , 08:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Generally, you always want to over-prepare someone for a quest. This way, if they do manage it to do it with less people than specified they feel a sense of accomplishment and if they failed they will understand the reason why they failed.

If you under-prepare people to the difficulty of a quest, they will feel frustrated and QQ alot more if they fail to accomplish it with the specified amount of people.
what what what? did u even read the OP? ><

CIKShock
01.27.2012 , 08:22 AM | #6
Have you tried talking to guild mates? Or just joining a guild (I'd highly recommend it!). I generally get groups (Bondar Crystal) by just spamming General every 15-20 seconds with how many more we need and what roles.

Most 4s can be done with tank, 1 dps, healer and a dps companion, and most 2s can be done with a tank/damage and 2 healer companions or damage/heals and a tank/damage companion.

This should hold true until around 48 or so... then you'll have people wanting to do them for the daily commendations.

Anyway, I don't think they should be nerfed... they are repeatable every day for commendations/other loot. That is likely the incentive to go back for higher leveled players (buying boxes and selling/sending the end result).

CIKShock
01.27.2012 , 08:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zekid View Post
what what what? did u even read the OP? ><
I think they were addressing the difficulty of the quest related to it's rating as a 2+ or a 4. Some 2s are soloable and some 4s can be done with just 2. Hence the comment on under/over preparing for a quest.

trawets
01.27.2012 , 08:25 AM | #8

In my opinion no, it just dumbs the game down, when looking for a group I persevere until I manage to find people which usually requires no more than 10-15 minutes of searching and i'm not on a server with a huge population.
British | Jedi Consular | Shadow | Republic | Phoenix | Bao Dur EU | Collectors Edition

Iwipe
01.27.2012 , 08:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CIKShock View Post
I think they were addressing the difficulty of the quest related to it's rating as a 2+ or a 4. Some 2s are soloable and some 4s can be done with just 2. Hence the comment on under/over preparing for a quest.
Actually now that I re-read what OP posted, he meant tuning down the diffculty of the quests over all. I thought by downtune he meant change the rating of the heroic 4+ to 2+ for example and keep the same diffculty and hence my comment.

Lyandria
01.27.2012 , 08:31 AM | #10

no, especially as these are repeatable and not one-time only.