Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why so many Tionese Crystals?

Phrozenn
01.27.2012 , 04:20 AM | #1
So as the title implies, why so many Tionese Crystals?

Currently I am a solid geared juggernaut tank sitting around 19.7k unbuffed in mostly columi gear with my rakata ear/implants from dailies.

My friends and I have only run EV once but have been running flash points for about 3 weeks now on a pretty regular basis. During that time we have accumulated tons of tionese crystals, currently I am sitting around with 364 crystals and that is after using some to buy the tionese boots and leggings.

What I am really asking thought is to see something implemented that will allow me to use all of these excess crystals in a useful manner.

The couple ways my friends and I have thought up over possible uses for all these crystals include:
1. Being able to buy tionese off pieces with them alone, belt/bracers/ear/implants possibly relics.
2. An optional exchange to trade in X number of crystals for Y number of tionese commendations.
3. Allow consumables to be bought with these, be it stims, adrenals, or medpacs.

Like I said, these are just a few ideas my friends and I have come up with. Does anyone else see the empty potential in these aswell?

Iwipe
01.27.2012 , 04:46 AM | #2
I feel like right now they won't really implant it in order to bottleneck the player progression (i..e. spend more time playing to get the gear you want) but once the majority of the playerbase has moved on to soemthing better, it might be a possibility.

Least that is what happens in other MMOs

Keling
01.27.2012 , 06:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I feel like right now they won't really implant it in order to bottleneck the player progression (i..e. spend more time playing to get the gear you want) but once the majority of the playerbase has moved on to soemthing better, it might be a possibility.

Least that is what happens in other MMOs
This would make sense except you'll have a full set of Columi before you ever get enough commendations to buy one piece and you will always have like 2 or 3 times the amount of crystals compared to commendations for Tionese. I think they just put them in to have something drop off the sub bosses in flashpoints. Seems pretty pointless cause you're basically counting your commendations not the crystals.