Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

Gakeu
01.27.2012 , 12:55 AM | #71
I'm not sure if this spec was thrown out there yet, but with an 18/13/10 build, I'd be going for a thrash/shock combo, while still retaining some survivability from the darkness tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...cZhGbMoZf0cM.1

With this spec, I would plan on having a shield equipped. Stat wise, I would be leaning towards surge/power since energize will already give me 50% guranteed shock crits.

What are your thoughts?

Khaazilla
01.27.2012 , 03:25 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Gakeu View Post
I'm not sure if this spec was thrown out there yet, but with an 18/13/10 build, I'd be going for a thrash/shock combo, while still retaining some survivability from the darkness tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...cZhGbMoZf0cM.1

With this spec, I would plan on having a shield equipped. Stat wise, I would be leaning towards surge/power since energize will already give me 50% guranteed shock crits.

What are your thoughts?
I really don't think it's worth giving up +50% thrash crit damage, death field, and raze just for 30% more force regen. You really don't need the extra regen with induction and the shock/thrash cost reduction from Torment.

Try out this build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...GbMzZf0cRr0z.1

Also i'd recommend using a focus offhand for pvp since shields are so weak in pvp, and the extra +force power on the focus item really boosts the damage that your force attacks deal, especially shock.

Astarica
01.27.2012 , 03:27 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaazilla View Post
Realistically, most sorcs will have dots on you at all times since their build revolves around them for procs, healing, and damage so their blind will usually break pretty quickly anyways. That's probably why i never notice sorcs with the blind bubble talent, because it's always broken by their own dots in any 1v1 situation.

It's not worth taking Wither for a 30% slow considering the stuff you have to give up. As Wither spec sorcs probably won't even bother kiting you since you probably won't do enough damage to kill them face to face anyways.
Huh? 31/0/10 is very strong in DPS. Wither does almost as much damage as Thrash does on even one person and applies two very useful side effects for only +5 Force. Shock + Force Lightning is an extremely hard hitting direct attack. You're right they won't be kiting a Wither spec Assasssin since you just trade hits with them. The only class that can stand toe to toe to a 31/0/10 is a Commando under their bubble and those guys can stand toe to toe with just about any class in the game.

KorwinOfAmber
01.27.2012 , 03:47 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Kougi View Post
Haven't tried this spec yet due to my insanely high respec costs (99880 creds) but if anyone wants to try it out or discuss, feel free and post up your findings. Currently I'm using 2/31/8 but the lack of survivability in 50 WZs are really hurting. Full Champion/Valor 48.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...hRrMZf0cRr0z.1

The spec is based on using Thrash to get the Energized procs which will guarantee a 100% crit. The crit will cause Exploitive Strikes to proc and increase your chances of getting a Raze proc.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Oh, you will be using Dark Charge and a shield offhand with DPS Gear.
This is similar to the spec i use, except i did not take Raze and Death field (made build for specific purpose in team pvp, and watering him down by Death Field was pointless, since it should have excelled in concrete purpose in price of utility and varsatality).

I also play mainly in Dark Charge, so took upgrades for it, while ignoring Discharge buffs completely - i dont use it, AT ALL.

The build works just fine for me, really easy to play and great in team. The only downside being low utility (no out of stealth spike, no low slash, no pull). But for its purpose its great.

Khaazilla
01.27.2012 , 05:26 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Huh? 31/0/10 is very strong in DPS. Wither does almost as much damage as Thrash does on even one person and applies two very useful side effects for only +5 Force. Shock + Force Lightning is an extremely hard hitting direct attack. You're right they won't be kiting a Wither spec Assasssin since you just trade hits with them. The only class that can stand toe to toe to a 31/0/10 is a Commando under their bubble and those guys can stand toe to toe with just about any class in the game.
Wither's a good skill but I don't think it's worth giving up Death Field, Raze, Haunted Dreams (insta ww talent) and +50% thrash crit damage for imo.