[Request] Make blasters shoot in PROPER color when using color crystal

Sky_walkerPL

I just recently made my Agent character, first non-saber user I got, and to my surprise... all the blasters or sniper rifles I got ignore the color crystals in them! :eek:

I put the blue color crystal in my Sniper rifle, go into the battle, start shooting and... what color do the rifle shot beam have? Red. Orange. White-ish.

What the heck? Why? Why almost every single attack I have IGNORES the color crystal in my rifle?!

Now that's a huge immersion-breaker. :mad:

What's the point of color crystals in weapons then? If we never see actual blaster shots in a proper color? :confused:

There's only one type of attack I found so far that actually does work properly: Rifle Shot. Something that's used very rarely, in most of encounters: not at all.

Meanwhile Jedi and Sith can enjoy using their color crystals ALL THE TIME. And somehow their lightsaber doesn't suddenly change to orange when performing non-basic attack. MIRACLE?! No, it's simply the way it's suppose to work, but doesn't for ranged weapons.

Please, fix it!

ps. I'm well aware that it's not as big issue as... for example bugged flashpoints we see everywhere, but never the less: it's something that should be fixed, and I have no idea why it even passed through beta tests unfixed.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

I dunno how it works for rifles, but I haven't had this issue on my bounty hunter, and I've changed the color crystals in the same blasters multiple times to different colors as I leveled. Before and at 50, my blaster colors have worked as intended. Edited by Endilix

It's a snipers' problem yeah. As arsmerc my Unload doesn't ignore crystal.

And the other attacks?

like... Pinning Fire or Barrage or Rapid Shots or Power Shot?

These blaster-based attacks should use the blaster color crystal as well. Do they? But at least unload works for you, that's a good start certainly :)

Sounds like a poor decision made on snipers.

Bh unload and power shot and rapid shots all obey the color crystal. Everything else is either a missile or the rail gun.

Except sweeping blasters, i think thats always orange and needs to change as well. Not only that but sweeping blasters doesnt even require a facing nor does it even point you to what youre shooting at. More than one thing wrong with that ability other than its ridiculous high heat cost + no affecting talents.

Edited by Ilsildor

Great....

Fix it please, Bioware.

Perhaps they made it this way cause they wanted some attacks to feel distinct? But these attacks already work and look differently than the default one (you can see this even on a static screenshot, in game it's far more clear), so please, give us our proper colors so we can enjoy a bit of customization. It won't make them any less distinctive, while will improve the joy :) and actually start making some sense, cause right now it has as much sense as lightsaber switching colors for different attacks. Ridiculous.

I dunno how it works for rifles, but I haven't had this issue on my bounty hunter, and I've changed the color crystals in the same blasters multiple times to different colors as I leveled. Before and at 50, my blaster colors have worked as intended.

Speaking as a commando...

Attacks that respect the colour crystal:

Full auto

Hammer shot

Attacks that ignore it:

Charged bolts (I think), always orange

Grav round, always blue lightning and a tiresome noise while we're on the subject of aesthetics.

High impact bolt, always white

Hail of Bolts, always orange

Not including explosives etc.

My "solution" was to fit an orange crystal >_>

And while we're on the subject, red blaster beams are not evil/dark side!

Hehe, yea, it's funny anyway when you see space battles where Empire fighters shoot Green (light-side restricted) beams.

Perhaps it's just that all the ground troops and sith are evil in the empire, while space corps are good? ;)

Either way - it seems like we've found yet another broken class.

>_>

perhaps we should all start filling the bug reports?

Yeah, it annoyed me to no end when my special shots largely remained the default color when I got a blue blaster rifle. I was all psyched up to have a blue laser sniper.

Hehe, yea, it's funny anyway when you see space battles where Empire fighters shoot Green (light-side restricted) beams.

Perhaps it's just that all the ground troops and sith are evil in the empire, while space corps are good? ;)

We should have a sub-plot about an imperial dreadnought that loses in battle to a republic ship because a couple of their main gunners accidentally gained darkside points before the battle started, rendering the weapon systems inoperable.

p.s.: Healing missiles are cool.

ive noticed this on my bounty hunter as well. standard attack and unload are the color crystal's color, nothing else. i can get power shot being different as it is a larger shot maybe, but sweeping blasters? it Looks just like unload, but is orange no matter my crystal. i thought it was cool to go lightside and have my blaster represent that with blue shots. but nope, only normal shots and unload. :((

I found a new attack that uses my blue color crystal!

It's the Series of Shots, roughly an equivalent of Unload for Bounty Hunter.

This makes total of two Agent-class attacks that actually respect color crystals.

............................................________............................

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............

.........................,/...............................................”:,........

.....................,?......................................................\,......

.................../...........................................................,}....

................./......................................................,:`^`..}...

.............../...................................................,:”........./.....

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\..................

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``......

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\.............

We should have a sub-plot about an imperial dreadnought that loses in battle to a republic ship because a couple of their main gunners accidentally gained darkside points before the battle started, rendering the weapon systems inoperable.

ROTFL.

Sith should really stay away from starships crews!

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

• 3 weeks later...
It's a snipers' problem yeah. As arsmerc my Unload doesn't ignore crystal.

Power Shot and Sweeping Blasters do ignore the color crystal though,as does Rail Shot. I also want to see my color of choice on every blaster attack!

Edited by Mephane

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...