Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

time to bring in advanced class re-specs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
time to bring in advanced class re-specs

Arell
01.26.2012 , 12:08 PM | #41
No offense, but this is really getting old. BioWare has made it as clear as they possibly could and like two years before the acual release of the game already.

Not only that, they state it ingame aswell, right before you actually pick your Advanced Class: It is a permanent thing.

I know what some people say regarding a mage turning into a warrior and whatnot (not) being the same thing. Technically it isn't the same, but at the same time it is.

Eventhough two Advanced Classes share a base class, doesn't mean you should be able to switch between them whenever you want. All eight Advanced Classes each have three talentrees to choose from, which already gives you plenty of choice on how to play.

It's time people start deciding to play what spec they enjoy based on the playstyle, instead of choosing fotm specs.

MMO's are dynamic games. Changes will be made to classes all the time for the sake of balance. It's time you all accept that instead of QQ'ing about nerfs all the time and expecting compensation because your fotm class or spec got nerfed when it needed and deserved to be.

Just like in WoW and other mmo's the real players will roll with the punches and adapt.

GSXRoneK
01.26.2012 , 12:36 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by karmacanic View Post
yes ..i play a scoundrel, and yes, im not happy bout the nerf, so if you are going to go around nerfing classes with a nerfhammer then at least give us the means to re-spec out of that advanced class we have spent time lvling to a more viable spec, cos if this is the way bioware is going to deal with imbalances in pvp/pve then watch out other classes...you will be next.
u mad bro?

can't pwn no more?... game requires some skill and thought now? can't spam the same buttons?
I was the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith. I am Exar Kun.
―Exar Kun, to Kyp Durron

DjB-rain
01.26.2012 , 01:10 PM | #43
Never Going to happen no MMO lets you change your class...........End Thread here.........

Tetrablade
01.26.2012 , 02:08 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Did you level a scoundrel on the PTS?

I mean just reading the patch notes made you want to reroll immediately?
Anyone playing a scoundral/operative in the AC only dps tree definetly wants to reroll. I rerolled from a gunslinger because I wanted to heal, but the scrapper is fun in pvp when there is so much ability lag. In fact it reminded me of playing a druid from wow, kill someone then heal up before moving on.

But the proposed nerf is going to make scoundrel either a dot-bot or a healer, and that's about it.
There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap.....Me. -The Doctor

Tetrablade
01.26.2012 , 02:13 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by GSXRoneK View Post
u mad bro?

can't pwn no more?... game requires some skill and thought now? can't spam the same buttons?
Any class that has to backstab from stealth in a game that is filled with instant aoe attacks takes skill. Have you even played a scoundrel or operative? Not watch videos where they can stack or carefully set up a demonstration, but actually play the class? Oh wait, why play them when the inquisitor and consular get so much more for their buck. You know like knockback, tanking abilities, slows, range, stuns.
There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap.....Me. -The Doctor

Kyntari
01.26.2012 , 02:52 PM | #46
free talent point reset for ops in 1.1.1 = good idea

respec advanced class = terrible idea
Lithann | Operative | <Pkers> | P5

MPagano
01.26.2012 , 03:00 PM | #47
When people are crying for the ability to change their class because of a change in the game that isn't live yet isn't a strong argument. If your playstyle relied so heavily on the mechanics that they're adjusting, it seems pretty reasonable for you to switch classes. They aren't going to make the class useless, but I understand why you say that. It's just like when my adolescent sister tells my parents that her curfew is going to ruin her life. I'm sure she believes that.

After this patch, there will be great scoundrel and operative players who love the class and wouldn't change them for anything. There's always a good chunk of players that switch classes frequently because they struggle with it. There's nothing wrong with that. There is, however, something wrong with expecting BW to respond to that like it's indicative of anything in their game.

Trust me, the rest of us all understand that there will always be players that shift around from class to class blaming any change or adjustment for their struggles with the playstyle. It's fine.