Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should there have been a SWG 2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Should there have been a SWG 2?

Shaligal
01.26.2012 , 06:30 AM | #31
SWG survived during some years, but was a fail at all. They were expecting many more players. So, do a second part of a game that was a fail in terms of number of players and popularity seems an error.

Personally, i have played several MMOs and i never was interested in SWG. Instead, i was interested in SWTOR.

Tsukae
01.26.2012 , 11:07 AM | #32
I wish I could have played SWG. I love sandbox games and would be overjoyed at the thought of just crafting all the time. It seems sandbox games are making somewhat of a comeback so maybe after SWTOR shuts down(most likely in several years) we can get a new sandbox Star Wars mmo.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

Balthazod
01.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #33
I would have loved to SWG remade and up dated.

SWToR is good so far, not sure about the end game content as I have not reached it. Like so many other MMO's and recent games they really are dumbed down ie.Skyrim. I loved the crafting and Guild halls, houses in SWG and racing across the landscape in a pack of speeders on a PVP raid.

P.S> the art work in SWTOR is very poor, was it done on a small budget or manged by the CEO's son or some other reason for such a major aspect to be left sub standard.
Sabers don't kill people Jedi's do

xoshiex
01.26.2012 , 01:57 PM | #34
I played SWG from the beginning. I can still remember having to walk everywhere because there were no speeders. Being able to have your own house was nice.

I was one of the first unlocked Jedi on eclipse. To get this, I had to master all 32 professions which took some doing. It wasn't untill the combat upgrade that officially killed SWG IMO.

Jedi were rare and powerful then. Perma Death was a way of limiting the number of jedi.

The economy was fantatstic. every profession relied on each other to craft a good item. Like I said, that all changed when the combat upgrade came and made it look more WoW like.

BlownSi
01.26.2012 , 02:33 PM | #35
Two of my fondest and most funny memories were these:

A team of 4 BH's, all with jedi bounties rolling out as a Jedi Gank squad. Last target of the four ended up being one of the 3-4 full fledged Jedi Guardians on the entire server. This Jedi proceeded to completely destroy our 4 man team. It was pretty awe inspiring and humbling to say the least.

The large population at the Dantooine mining outpost all running "solo group" missions for credits. It was always a huge party there. The breaking up of the party, or at least disturbing it, was someone pulling the Dark Jedi Master that sat not far away into the outpost and sometimes even into the cantina. It was always carnage on a stupidly massive scale until everyone realized what was going on. Then it took 60+ people 5-10 minutes to kill it.

SWG had some great things about it, but it did lack in certain areas. I do miss Pre-CU very badly and I think I always will; its imperfections and all...lol.
Harmeggido - J'anin - Zophie - Kaase
DaMG - The Shadowlands