Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The correct fix for Operatives/Scoundrels BW pls read!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The correct fix for Operatives/Scoundrels BW pls read!

Arutassin
01.26.2012 , 06:31 AM | #1
I believe the following would fix the burst/cc issue that exists with the operative and unlike the proposed changes, I think this would not gimp the class or effect its PvE DPS.

At Present via talents Op/Scoundrels are able to put a 3 sec cc on our opener. Sorry to use WoW ability names but this is basically giving a rogue Ambush and Cheap shot combined. People don't like being burst down so much in an opener CC. The proposed fix is to nerf the damage and the cc (also the ArPen buff) the opener gives.

A far better solution is to make it so that no CC can be talented on the current opener. This opener should stay high burst (lets call it Ambush) but should not CC the target. The 2 talent points spent in giving this a 3 sec CC should instead open a new ability. This ability should be a CC opener that does no damage. 1 point would unlock the ability with xx time of CC and the 2d point would extend the CC. Lets say either 1/2 secs or 1.5/3 secs. This would give the Op/Scoundrel 2 openers, one burst damage the other CC. Cheap shot and Ambush would become separate moves (like they should be) and the Op/Scoundrel would have to chose between CC or damage on the opener.

This means that it would not be possible to burst them down in a CC. The choice would be burst or CC opener and not both.

Please if you think this is a good solution keep the thread alive. This fix for the class would potentially save it from changing from OP FOTM to underpowered and useless. With this change the class would stay on par but would lose it's OP edge.

Lets not see Op/scoundrels become the Rogues of Rift. They were moaned about in PvP burst and had no use in PvE unless you were a bard.

Haralin
01.26.2012 , 06:39 AM | #2
make it no stun talented, make it a 10 sek slow. easy fix

Izini
01.26.2012 , 09:06 AM | #3
you lost me at WoW...
Vega, lvl 50 Healing Sage
Amy, lvl 50 Dps Commando
Wound in the Force, PvP Server

Skovick
01.26.2012 , 09:33 AM | #4
I'm a scoundrel and I have no problems with these changes in 1.1.1

I hope it passes testing on the ptr and goes live.

MrContact
01.26.2012 , 10:04 AM | #5
I made a thread about the same thing (see my signature) but i dont think they should make it exactly like the openers in wow. It would be nice if BioWare comes with some creative solutions.

Howver i agree with you. 1 Opener with both CC and Burst is OP and BORING.
Mr Contact's MMO Blog
Check it out: http://thecontactmmo.blogspot.com/
Now with a Scoundrel/Ops pvp spec collection

Quesadilla
01.26.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
I have a 50 scoundrel and I too completely support the changes that are coming. I would much rather keep the CC on the opener and just not hit as hard.

The correct fix for operatives/scoundrels is the one that's already coming.