Bug? The Two Pillars at the Beginning of EV - Normal

So my Operation tried doing EV last night and we found an issue perhaps and wanted to ask the community on what you thought.

Sunday we got through the pillars a little messy, but did it. Last night we felt we had a strategy down, but realized something. We would destroy all the power cells and the turret would still have over half its life. We noticed that there was only four power cells. Was there supposed to be six? Our group composition was mainly melee DPS also, so killing the turrets at range wasn't possible. All the guides that we've looked into says to CC one turret and down the other, but we couldn't CC the turret and we noticed it had a buff making it immune to CC. Was this a recent change?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm not calling for a nerf or anything. I just want to make sure we are understanding the fight correctly and what the best course of action is.

The first boss isn't that hard (we downed him Sunday), I just want to know about these darn Pillars. LOL :D

They can't be CC'd anymore, but just ignore the power cells, kills the adds when they come, and slowly burn down the turrets. Also I recommend no force leaps to the turrets, as for us twice that bugged the instance out, crashing everyone in the operation to the character select screen.

I'm not sure what the intended purpose of the power cells are, as our experiences showed killing them had zero effect whatsoever.

They can't be CC'd anymore, but just ignore the power cells, kills the adds when they come, and slowly burn down the turrets. Also I recommend no force leaps to the turrets, as for us twice that bugged the instance out, crashing everyone in the operation to the character select screen.

I'm not sure what the intended purpose of the power cells are, as our experiences showed killing them had zero effect whatsoever.

Thanks for the information! So the power cells have no effect then? Okay we'll try out what you suggest. Thanks again. ;)