Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diffrence between 8 man and 16 man ops (normal)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Diffrence between 8 man and 16 man ops (normal)?

jamble
01.26.2012 , 08:06 AM | #11
We started off running 16m also... but have since resorted to doing 2x 8m as its just way easier.

When you get the same loot in 8m for 10% of the challenge whats the point in doing 16m to gear up?
Grizor 50 Gunslinger r64 - Hydian Way

Xothos
01.26.2012 , 08:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jamble View Post
We started off running 16m also... but have since resorted to doing 2x 8m as its just way easier.

When you get the same loot in 8m for 10% of the challenge whats the point in doing 16m to gear up?
i think the point is for the challenge and not the loot. Thats why I like 16mans. I don't really care much about when i get new purples.
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut

genesiser
01.26.2012 , 08:41 AM | #13
Do the bosses drop more loot in 16 man? If the answer is yes then I don't see a problem with the design.

You complain that 16 mans are harder and the bosses have more health and do more damage than an 8 man? Well what do you expect when you have more dps and healers in your group? Do you want it to be the same as 8 man but you are throwing more players at it?

Why would the loot be better in 16 mans? If that was the case then nobody would do 8 man groups unless they could only get 8 people together and not 16. As long as the 16 mans drop more gear than 8 mans but the same quality of gear, then it's working as intended. I don't see any problem with that.