Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard modes not droping Rakata loot?

ClassyDog
01.25.2012 , 10:06 PM | #1
Hey there, a problem we are noticing after 1.1 now.

Hard modes that used to always drop rakata gear, are randomly not dropping it sometimes. Clearing hard mode Karagga's, the first and second boss dropped head piece/belt, but the third and fifth did not drop the bracers or mainhand.

We just had the same problem in Hard Mode Eternity Vault, where the first boss did not drop rakata gloves. Is this supposed to work like this, with a random chance to get rakata gear, or is this some kind of bug?
Corthus Darktide
Jedi Guardian of Bacta the Future

InfamousAssassin
01.25.2012 , 10:09 PM | #2
Ya we downed the first boss today in EV and he didn't drop any columi/rakata with it on master loot, so we had to take it off that to Need/Greed which was a pain in the *** to distribute the gear properly, but after we did that all the rest of the bosses dropped rakata/columi

Nessirin
01.25.2012 , 11:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by InfamousAssassin View Post
Ya we downed the first boss today in EV and he didn't drop any columi/rakata with it on master loot, so we had to take it off that to Need/Greed which was a pain in the *** to distribute the gear properly, but after we did that all the rest of the bosses dropped rakata/columi
Not a trustworthy guild,eh? Its actually easier with need/greed than ML if your guild isn't full of ninjas.

To be honest I wish it was this way, they should've left rakata to the last tier of raiding.

InfamousAssassin
01.25.2012 , 11:48 PM | #4
Well it is a new game and new people, not the old guild from wow rly followed so u got to build trust up first haha

Iwipe
01.26.2012 , 03:25 AM | #5
Yup also had this bug numerous times.

Pylons in hardmode EV once didn't drop rakata pants..

Jarg and Sorno in hardmode Karagga didn't drop the Rakata belt..

Parthis
01.26.2012 , 05:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessirin View Post
To be honest I wish it was this way, they should've left rakata to the last tier of raiding.
But that doesn't make any sense; give players even better gear with nothing to progress on to?

Rakata gives you progression into nightmare mode, and downing nightmare modes gives you bragging rights. It's the first MMO i've seen that actually has a sensible gear progression structure.

Disappointed.

Morwraith
01.26.2012 , 06:41 AM | #7
I was under the impression that hard mode was suppose to have a chance to drop Rakata gear whereas nightmare was guaranteed. Perhaps I was misinformed but this might explain it; you guys were simply unlucky and didn't have rakata drop. Did Columni drop instead?

NorthernRage
01.26.2012 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessirin View Post
Not a trustworthy guild,eh? Its actually easier with need/greed than ML if your guild isn't full of ninjas.

Uhh how do you need/greed 2 of the same tokens with two of the same class that needs said token? There is no way to identify which token is which, so even rolling one at a time with the small timer window is tricky.

jamble
01.26.2012 , 08:04 AM | #9
So is it master loot thats breaking this or something else? We had the same issue last night in 2 raids using master loot.
Grizor 50 Gunslinger r64 - Hydian Way

Maglen
01.26.2012 , 08:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Morwraith View Post
I was under the impression that hard mode was suppose to have a chance to drop Rakata gear whereas nightmare was guaranteed. Perhaps I was misinformed but this might explain it; you guys were simply unlucky and didn't have rakata drop. Did Columni drop instead?
Did Nightmare mode EV 16man last night, and I think it was Gharj, dropped Columi Bracers. You know, the same ones you get from HM BT.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!