Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-Ordered on the first day (July 21st), should be in game by now, please help!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre-Ordered on the first day (July 21st), should be in game by now, please help!

Frostbourne
12.14.2011 , 03:16 PM | #1
I didn't realize I had to apply the pre-order code to an account when I bought the game, I figured I would simply be emailed for early access-

Please let me know how I can fix this! It would be very demoralizing to have committed the first day, only to be shafted because I didn't apply the preorder code- By the way I would have applied it if it clearly said I needed to apply it to play early, but it didn't say that anywhere in the email!

Saror
12.14.2011 , 03:37 PM | #2
Oh no.. not another one..

Read the forum..

And yes, you did get instructions, one way or the other, that you needed to redeem the code..

TomWhiting
12.14.2011 , 03:40 PM | #3
There were some pretty decent instructions that even a 5 year old could follow. Those included 'enter your code'.
It's been known for months now that EGA was going to be based on when you entered your code.

Frostbourne
12.14.2011 , 05:09 PM | #4
the email did not make that clear, please quote me where it says early access is based off entering the code, here is the whole email so you can more easily disprove yourself:

"Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on July 21, 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for EA * Origin.com on your credit card billing statement.

LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER
1. Go to http://store.origin.com and click on the Customer Service link. You may also find other helpful information on this page.
2. Look up your order either through “View recent order history and purchase details” link at the top of the page.

DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS
Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name.

PHYSICAL PRODUCTS
You will receive a separate e-mail notification when your products have shipped.

PREORDER PRODUCTS
Please note that preordered items are not available until the day they are released.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please visit help.origin.com/ to submit any further questions.

Sincerely,
Origin Store Customer Support

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number
Order Date: July 21, 2011

Product
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00
Digital Rights:

Product SKU:
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $54.99

SubTotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $0.00
Total: $59.99

Additional Product Information:

STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order - 1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA"

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 05:11 PM | #5
STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order - 1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

Right about there.

You have to register your pre-order with Bioware. Retailers don't send endless rivers of paperwork saying x person bought y version of the game on z date, so they should have access to the EGA.

FessFish
12.14.2011 , 05:12 PM | #6
The website PRE-ORDER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS had a whole tab dedicated to that broseph.

Now its understandable that you're somewhat peeved at this, but it is something you could have fixed just by reading for 30 seconds.

Besides, I had my pre-order date cancelled then entered as Dec 13th...because of a bunch of errors on Origins end and the general consensus from CS so far has been "deal with it".

So
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
DUBSTEP STEP - THAT - DUB DUBSTEP