Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Few easy questions

Hemler
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #1
Can a sith marauder wear helmets or heavy armor?? What are the reasons people play pvp? Should I wait till I'm a high level to try pvp? How do I send my companions on crew missions? I heard you can send them to go find certain things.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 09:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hemler View Post
Can a sith marauder wear helmets or heavy armor?? What are the reasons people play pvp? Should I wait till I'm a high level to try pvp? How do I send my companions on crew missions? I heard you can send them to go find certain things.
Yes and no. Why do people play PvP? Because they enjoy it? I'm not sure how to answer that. When you get a companion and mission skills press N to bring up your companion menu, select the skill then the mission and click Send Companion button.

liamf
12.13.2011 , 09:24 AM | #3
Sith Marauders do wear heavy armour but not like a Bounty Hunter type armour it still looks like a cloak. As for helmets I'm not sure only saw hoods in the beta weekend but I think there are some different things for them.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by liamf View Post
Sith Marauders do wear heavy armour but not like a Bounty Hunter type armour it still looks like a cloak. As for helmets I'm not sure only saw hoods in the beta weekend but it think there are some different things for them.
Are you sure they wear heavy armor? Pretty sure Sents only wear Medium and Marauder is the mirror of them.

EDIT: Confirmed it on TORHead. Marauders only wear Medium

liamf
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #5
I thought it was classed as heavy. I'm prepareed to be wrong though.

Hemler
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #6
It seems to me their are no manuals on this game. How do you find out what buttons do what? I know it tells you how to do some stuff but I played beta and don't remember it telling me how to send companions on missions or how to get into pvp

JinsGhost
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #7
Can a sith marauder wear helmets or heavy armor??

Helmets: Yes. Heavy Armor: NO. Medium armor can look pretty elaborate but if the Armor is classified as Heavy armor you can't wear it. i.e. Heavy armor helm: no, medium armor helm: yes

What are the reasons people play pvp? Should I wait till I'm a high level to try pvp?

If you're talking about why people play PvP in general is because of the competition. Beating people can be more satisfying then Com Controlled bots. You can start PvP as soon as you hit level 10/leave starter world and it's up to you when you feel like starting.

How do I send my companions on crew missions? I heard you can send them to go find certain things.

Once you have crew members you buy/train skills for them. These can be found in most market areas. Look through them and see which ones you want.
This ^
Force NERDS: Nobody Ever Really DieS...
Inconceivable
Spyderwalker Legacy

Tintagel
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #8
How do I send my companions on crew missions? I heard you can send them to go find certain things.
Once you have left the starter planet, you can pickup crafting skills on the fleet ship. Once you have those, Click on the dimond icon in the top bar, this opens a window showing your compaions. Next two them will be the crafting skills you picked, click on the gathering skill and a second window will open showing the missions you can send the compaion on. select one and click the button on the bottom right which says "Send Compaion", they will then go off for however long the mission takes and report back when done.
The Last Alliance - Frostclaw EU server

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #9
Can a sith marauder wear helmets or heavy armor??
What are the reasons people play pvp?
Should I wait till I'm a high level to try pvp?
No, sith do not wear helmets like you would think. They wear masks and whatnot, but yes the marauder wears heavy armor while the Inquisitor wears light armor.

People PvP for a lot of reasons. Try it and you will have your reason if you continue to PvP.

You should PvP when you level 10. Especially at launch. Shouldn't be any level 50s out there yet. Even so, you are boosted to about 80% effectiveness compared to a level 50 in the battlegrounds. Do it, love it, or hate it, there is no try.

Complicated. When you get your companion, and after you choose your crew skills, open the crew skills window and all will be revealed.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

Gomla
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #10
As far as I know, Marauders get medium armour, Juggernaut gets heavy armour (only played Jug so don't take that as gospel).

PvP - some people enjoy it. It is fun.

It is a safer bet to wait until level 14 to PvP but you can do it from level 10. I say 14 because that is when you get sprint and that helps.

You get a companion window that is used to send them on missions and crafting.