Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why SWG was better..

ratfanatic
01.25.2012 , 04:48 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by kegster View Post
no my point was too have a discussion in a General Fourm. Ur point was to troll.
Except your post has no basis for discussion. You want everyone else to do the work for you.

Anyone can write raiding was better, pvp was better, crafting is better hurr durr.

You don't give any reasons. And Therefore there is nothing to discuss.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך ████████████████████████████████████████)

FieldMarshall
01.25.2012 , 04:50 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by kegster View Post
1. Crafting was far supierior in SWG.
2. Open world pvp, far supierior in SWG.
3. Playable races, far supierior in SWG.
4. Communinty far supierior in SWG.
5. Economy, flawed but supierior in SWG.
6. Classes , (pre-cu,Cu,NGE) supierior in SWG.
You didnt really explain why, wich i dont really understand based on your thread title.
"Hello" -Albert Einstein

Darth_Syphilis
01.25.2012 , 04:51 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Kooto View Post
...player housing at almost any place on planet.

I saw this as a flaw that massacred planet landscapes. It should have been more restricted. It would have actually added to the game if build-able land was more restricted and land had value.

doctor_atomic
01.25.2012 , 04:57 PM | #84
SWG, aka SimAuntBeru, was the game based on dramatic space opera movies that drained all the excitement from the movies and left you playing a vaporator operator.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

SeanC
01.25.2012 , 05:16 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Zag_Stratos View Post
Skill based PVP?

Say that to my old Legendary 1900-2700 Rifle with a 800 tick mind dot.

We had people in our guild that went pvping without any buffs because by the time people got near them, they had a black bar in their buffed mind.

SWG was a better SOCIAL game. SWTOR is a superior game itself with a lot less stupid bugs. Just read archives and see how many complaints was posted a day, it was 5 times more than here and there was only a population of half a million on that game.

- The odd loots
- The amazing crafting system that was also very unbalanced at times. "Oops, that unique resource we need to add stun resist to our armor didn't spawn in the last 7 months..."
- You're chilling in a cantina and suddenly, you slide 5.5 KM back into the desert, in front of a Krait Dragon... good times.
- The extremely easy to exploit PVP bases.
- Carbineer
- Stacking stats to become untouchable
- hologrind? - for almost 6 months, everybody turned into a greed machine
- Walling your faction base
- Rifleman above anything else
- Why be anything else than a TK

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game but was it superior? Socially, yes... in fact, it still the best. Overall game experience? nope.
Finally, someone who played during the pre-cu. It didn't get any better when the cu or the nge came out either. I just find it the people who love swg were people who avoided pve and pvp aspect of the game, and just focus on the sandbox elements, crafting, space, and the social aspect. The social aspect went to hell though after the cu, and even worse during the nge.

DarylMusashi
01.26.2012 , 03:33 AM | #86
I wish I could take this games class quest, leveling, its graphics, and port those into Star Wars Galaxies. I'd also keep the mini game space missions while still keeping the SWG space intact (I like both systems). What a game that would be.

DarylMusashi
01.26.2012 , 03:35 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Syphilis View Post
I saw this as a flaw that massacred planet landscapes. It should have been more restricted. It would have actually added to the game if build-able land was more restricted and land had value.
I always thought they should have made a couple of planets that had no lore quests or anything else. Just barren planets open to player housing. That way the lore based planets could have been kept uncluttered while keeping the player housing option for those that enjoy it.

Castiel
01.26.2012 , 04:15 AM | #88
SWG's gameplay felt clunky and awkward to me...

adamqd
01.26.2012 , 04:29 AM | #89
SWTOR makes me miss SWG

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

ScourgeCat
01.26.2012 , 06:05 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Oonkeh_ View Post
I'm going to answer this with one, swift sentence.

THIS ISN'T A SANDBOX MMO, CASE CLOSED.

Seriously, stop bloody comparing it to this.
Agreed. Sure, they're both SW MMOs, but SWTOR is far more similar in build to WoW. Take out the SW subject, and they're pretty different. SWTOR isn't trying to be like SWG. It's trying to be like SWTOR.

Quote: Originally Posted by Erbanhex View Post
Long and short, the game is in its infancy, it still has bugs to be removed, content to be added and classes to be balanced out. Speak as you find at the minute it is one of the better games at launch, the hope is that they will build on this initial success and it will become a powerhouse much as I imagine the fans of SWG had hoped that would become.
Spot on. SWTOR was released just over 4 weeks ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SWG didn't have any space combat at launch. Wasn't it an expansion pack? Who knows what Bioware will introduce in the future! Space combat is a big element of the SW universe, so perhaps this is something for a future expansion (like SWG). The missions seem like a bit of an afterthought, or simply something that hasn't been fully developed yet.

There's no definitive answer as to what game is/was better. It's a personal preference. A 4 week old SWTOR is already a far more enjoyable experience for me than an 8 year old SWG. For others, it may be totally different

I'm sorry SWG died, as I know many loved it. The fact is it died because not enough people loved it.

Lovely to meet you all anyway. Here ends my first post