Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

mustangmandark
01.23.2012 , 03:17 AM | #21
2 ways works and I suggest being on voice chat,

1way, is to have everyone on turrets and turn them into the middle and kill behide your teams mates.

2 ways i healer of turrets and the other 3 killing, both ways works, done many times, fun place to do, can be annoying when you wipe alot and have no idea, I suggest to not do with a PUG...
Recon Community Leader for Divided Allegiance Divided Allegiance
Promo Video | Forums | Recruitment Thread

malaclyps
01.23.2012 , 07:51 PM | #22
oh and OP, just because it's been bugging me for 2 days, it's "Cannon".

see "canon" would be an issue with colicoid wargames from a LORE standpoint. Which honestly would have made a much more interesting thread IMO. "it's too hard, it's impossible" doesn't hold up very well against the hundreds and hundreds (or thousands by now) of successful completions. I mean..there's plenty of encounters that are actually bugged, we could be complaining about instead.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks

Darth_Vampirius
01.25.2012 , 05:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mustangmandark View Post
2 ways works and I suggest being on voice chat,

1way, is to have everyone on turrets and turn them into the middle and kill behide your teams mates.

2 ways i healer of turrets and the other 3 killing, both ways works, done many times, fun place to do, can be annoying when you wipe alot and have no idea, I suggest to not do with a PUG...
So basically, we have a level 40 normal instance which requires precise timing and voice chat, when most hard modes don't. Does this seem right? I am calling this a balance issue. Like I said, it needs to be toned down.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Klara
01.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
Look, I understand the game has to be challenging sometimes, but right now I am 50 in full PVP gear and cannot get a group to clear this FP. Really? I have cleared almost all other content including Kaon Under Siege and heroics just fine, but Collocoid can't be done. Here's why:

People are not that good at moving turrets. I have tried the instance maybe 3-4 times, twice @ 50. No group I have found has been able to get past the opening turret sequence. I am standing there with Collocoids on 3 sides of me and a dead party. This needs to be adjusted.

So let me get this straight, you want to nerf a flashpoint because you failed it 3-4 times? How about No. YouŽll just have to go in and wipe until your group learns to beat the encounter, it'll be a learning experience.

Darth_Vampirius
01.25.2012 , 06:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Klara View Post
So let me get this straight, you want to nerf a flashpoint because you failed it 3-4 times? How about No. YouŽll just have to go in and wipe until your group learns to beat the encounter, it'll be a learning experience.
What group? Most of my SERVER can't figure this FP out, even after I told them that the healer stays out and the others cover them... explained how turrets work... etc. A LOT of regular non-hardcore players cannot figure out this instance, at all!
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Mintawno
01.25.2012 , 07:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
What group? Most of my SERVER can't figure this FP out, even after I told them that the healer stays out and the others cover them... explained how turrets work... etc. A LOT of regular non-hardcore players cannot figure out this instance, at all!
Dude, I was in the same position you were. I couldn't figure it out. So what did I do? I looked around for what other people did, and guess what? Turning the turrets inwards so you kill colicoids on the opposite side you started facing, actually did the trick. Now, instead of wondering why you can't beat it at 50, change your tactic!
Proctus - Sith Sorcerer - Master Zhar Lestin - Force an Imperial Legion

Zeratulr
01.25.2012 , 09:45 PM | #27
I was thinking about starting a thread on how this FP was too easy for me when I saw this discussion. Level 50 in PvP gear, are you serious? There was one wipe for us during the cannon part which happened, to be honest, because I got too fascinated with shooting this fine weapon and completely forgot about what I should be doing i.e. healing. On the second go I occupied a strategic position atop the big box in the middle and concentrated on restoring my group mates HP. That was some pretty intense healing session, at one point I almost lost one of my mates but, thanks to the newly acquired resplendence, it all ended well. All in all I`d say the turret part of the FP was just right. It was hard enough to make it interesting but not hard enough to make it frustrating.
After that things got a little... silly. Mobs did little to no damage, including elites and champions. There was almost no need for my healing untill the very end when the final boss used some AoE, reducing all of ours HP in half. This impressive feat prompted me to say to my group mates something like: "Finally some challenge!" But before I could finish typing... the boss died.
In conclusion I can say that in my opinion difficulty of the turret part is ok, difficulty for the rest of FP should be increased SIGNIFICANTLY. It was easier then some of the solo missions (in particular the class quest on Quesh which I did at the same level) not to mention heroics...
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim...
Rudyard Kipling, "If"

AngusFTW
01.25.2012 , 10:29 PM | #28
It took the group i did this with a while to work the turrent part out but we got there and it was a nice challenge.

Main thing to let you and your team mates know is to make sure to take out the ranged colocoids first. These do the most damage and have more hp. Also the healer and 3 turrets is a good tactic if you're struggling with everyone on turrets. Another thing is to make SURE nobody tries to use anything while on a turrent since it dismounts and craps out everything..

Also i do remember some of the elites being too easy especially this droid. I think it barely did any damage because i interrupted the majority of its attacks... wow..
and really dont remember any bosses being of note. You do get a pet if you have slicing skills to aid you in the fight i was mad when i couldnt keep it... it had really low hp though
You do have to watch for the guys on the walkways though they have an attack that can knock you off the edge and make you backtrack a good distance!

Darth_Vampirius
01.25.2012 , 11:40 PM | #29
Dude... people popping in and out of turrets, shooting all directions. Has happened every time. I think the turret part was actually supposed to be kind of fun, not a challenge that you have to use weird tactics to beat. Anyway, it's clear that some people think that because it's doable with a good group, it must be fine. I don't think the instance is broken, but the turret part definitely plays out like something that wasn't tested.
Quote:

malaclyps
01.26.2012 , 03:02 PM | #30
if they're being dismounted they're either trying to left click something or use abilities, either way it is an immediate red flag that they do not understand what's happening.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks