Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Buff Melee or nerf Ranged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Buff Melee or nerf Ranged

babiegirlla's Avatar


babiegirlla
01.25.2012 , 02:06 PM | #11
Quote:
You know, they're called "gap closers" for a reason... what happened to force leap? And the assassin/shadow classes can't use stealth to sneak there way into the target range? Not even a CC or a Stun to buy some time?
In a game of 8v8 WZ, your ONE gap closer as a mara/sent is irrelevent when the other team or, game in general is filled with slows, stuns, snares, roots, etc. ONE gap closer, is fair? get real, that`s fair in a 1v1 situation that you can control.

Faat's Avatar


Faat
01.25.2012 , 02:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayes View Post
Hey everyone!

Yesterday we had an awesome fight in Ilum. The Reps had a group of 30+ people and so did the Imps. This led to some epic fighting. However any class that didnt have 30m range got auto killed before they could get credit for anything.

Why should a ranged class deal as much damage if not more then a melee class? Melee have to be within 4-10m to do their damage while ranged get to be 30m away.

Why should a ranged class have as much if not more defense than a melee class? Melee classes wear Assassins wear light armor while BH mercs wear heavy armor. Assassins can avoid 50% of basic attacks for 12 sec while BH can lower all damage they take by 25% for 12 seconds.

I feel like ranged classes have way to much going for them as a whole vs melee.
You never played WAR I guess...

In melee range, you need GUARD AND HEALS to stay alive. Period. If you got Guard and heals backing you up, you should be able to destroy everything.

Problem with SWTOR as it is now, nobody rolls tanks. Tanks absorb dmg, CC and TAUNT ennemies, reducing their outgoing dmg. Billy ****** MDPS shouldn't be able to survive, rightfully so, but give him a tank and heals that knows what they're doing and you'll see a big improvement.

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
01.25.2012 , 02:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Faat View Post
You never played WAR I guess...

In melee range, you need GUARD AND HEALS to stay alive. Period. If you got Guard and heals backing you up, you should be able to destroy everything.

Problem with SWTOR as it is now, nobody rolls tanks. Tanks absorb dmg, CC and TAUNT ennemies, reducing their outgoing dmg. Billy ****** MDPS shouldn't be able to survive, rightfully so, but give him a tank and heals that knows what they're doing and you'll see a big improvement.
And therein lies the problem. It seems that no one thinks to use their taunt ability as a tank in PvP to minimize damage, they just want to rush in like Rambo and be the hero.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Faat's Avatar


Faat
01.25.2012 , 02:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
And therein lies the problem. It seems that no one thinks to use their taunt ability as a tank in PvP to minimize damage, they just want to rush in like Rambo and be the hero.
Then it's a L2P as a team issue.

MDPS are GODS when backed up by tank and heals. Because 1) All the ennemy will try to focus down the guarded target, wich will then be focus healed by his teammates (in an ideal organized premade), and 2) Since the ennemy will have trouble taking their target out, they will start to run and scatter all over the place, giving your team an opening for a devastating attack on their backline.

SWTOR isn't much different from WAR as far as tanking mechanic works for PvP. These days, a guarded MDPS in WAR is the biggest threat, even though RDPS have the upperhand in PuG fights.

Ukita's Avatar


Ukita
01.25.2012 , 02:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayes View Post
This problem happens outside of ilum too. Melee are weaker in damage and defense then most ranged.
They make up for it by having more mobility and survivability. You know what happens when a Sentinel gets caught? He has a chance to get away. You know what happens when a Gunslinger gets caught? He blows up.

Trayes's Avatar


Trayes
01.25.2012 , 02:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ukita View Post
They make up for it by having more mobility and survivability. You know what happens when a Sentinel gets caught? He has a chance to get away. You know what happens when a Gunslinger gets caught? He blows up.
You know what happens when a BH gets caught. He just puts up a shield and walks to a healer while nuking you and laughing because he has heavy armor and % damage reduction.
Where there is light, there is darkness...

keltonz's Avatar


keltonz
01.25.2012 , 02:54 PM | #17
/signed

The way things are now, MDPS is far too squishy. Increase their dps a tad, give them some more utility (a force push, a good stun) and I think things will be more even.

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
01.25.2012 , 03:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by keltonz View Post
/signed

The way things are now, MDPS is far too squishy. Increase their dps a tad, give them some more utility (a force push, a good stun) and I think things will be more even.
How about blaster deflection that actually does something.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217165

Trayes's Avatar


Trayes
01.25.2012 , 05:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
How about blaster deflection that actually does something.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217165
How does that help us when fighting Tracer spam and lightning spam?
Where there is light, there is darkness...

bobmcbo's Avatar


bobmcbo
01.25.2012 , 08:56 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JAVAjedi View Post
You know, they're called "gap closers" for a reason... what happened to force leap? And the assassin/shadow classes can't use stealth to sneak there way into the target range? Not even a CC or a Stun to buy some time?
gap closers, sure, but in a group of 30+ people, every stealth class will tell you that you'll be detected within seconds of stealthing
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!