Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, that's end game? Sitting in the fleet lfg for one hour?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So, that's end game? Sitting in the fleet lfg for one hour?

Pricia
01.25.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1
I love the game, but what a letdown at level 50. I went from playing all the time I was online to just sitting in the Imperial Fleet hoping to find a group.

I guess I've been spoiled with 5 minutes queues in another game, but really, this is incredibly disappointing. Bah.

And yes, I've made an alt.. and she's level 50 too.

Daluu
01.25.2012 , 12:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
I love the game, but what a letdown at level 50. I went from playing all the time I was online to just sitting in the Imperial Fleet hoping to find a group.

I guess I've been spoiled with 5 minutes queues in another game, but really, this is incredibly disappointing. Bah.

And yes, I've made an alt.. and she's level 50 too.
Its called a guild.

ManOSteal
01.25.2012 , 12:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Daluu View Post
Its called a guild.
quoted for truth. get a guild dude, meet people make friends this is a social experience.
ị█ị██████iiΘịị█ị_|\███████████DAMN THE MAN SAVE THE EMPIRE███████████)

Pricia
01.25.2012 , 12:29 PM | #4
I have one... casual player friends who are lower level. Sigh. I don't really want to ditch them.

Greshlyr
01.25.2012 , 12:31 PM | #5
Don't ditch them; help them level. I hit 50 way before the rest of my guild and I PvPed to get gear and helped them with missions and flashpoints. Now we have 7 50s and will be starting Operations as soon as we get one more.

Lokits
01.25.2012 , 12:31 PM | #6
1 hour u must be on a nice server on mine it takes like 5 hours to get in a hardmode flashpoint group and yes i have a guild but not allways they want to run it or they are online or available
Give me back Restuss and my Officer Euth SWG EU Chimaera , Chillastra ,WoW Kazzak EU currently SWTOR Naddist Rebels E.C PVP , Trooper Vanguard Dps http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMZfI0bkGhM.1

XenTharqua
01.25.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
I think the issue is not really with the lack of an LFG tool but more with the length of HM flashpoints. In WOW, you get in the queue, you are teleported to the instance and after 30 minutes the run is finished.

In swtor, betwwen finding the groupe, travelling to the instance and completing the run, it takes more than 2 hours. There is not a lot of people that can regularly have such a long game session (apart from raiding which is planified).

In that sence running flashpoints is much less casual than in WOW and why it is so hard to find groups.

CriticalMasses
01.25.2012 , 01:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by XenTharqua View Post
I think the issue is not really with the lack of an LFG tool but more with the length of HM flashpoints. In WOW, you get in the queue, you are teleported to the instance and after 30 minutes the run is finished.

In swtor, betwwen finding the groupe, travelling to the instance and completing the run, it takes more than 2 hours. There is not a lot of people that can regularly have such a long game session (apart from raiding which is planified).

In that sence running flashpoints is much less casual than in WOW and why it is so hard to find groups.
This is part of it.

Some of the flashpoints are incredibly long. They need to supliment by offering a "hard mode" on Heroics with a mission terminal that will allow you to pick from all the heroics available with Drops close to HM flash points, but not quite.

The other part is that you have an entire population that got to CHOOSE whether to solo or group for the entire game. A lot of players chose to Solo, and have reached 50 and continue to solo and are not interested in grouping.

But at 50, bioware forces players to group for a LOT of things, so it's a shock to the system that some players want to resist. (Grouping isn't fun for everyone, especially if you're unlucky with a few PUG groups).

So a lot of those 50's aren't logging in, or they're just going about their dailies and ignoring the group requests.

Bioware's method of Forcing players into doing stuff is a method that is about 10 years out of date for MMO's, but it's their first MMO so I guess they have to go back and make all the mistakes that every other MMO developer has made.

Bioware has TONS of existing content that they could add though in the form of Hard Mode Heroics, making the 2 man heroics actually doable with just you and a companion could alleviate a lot of these issues.

It's another choice. Also, some heroics can be finished in 10-15 minutes with the right group of players. So it's a quick in-and-out for casual players.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Raeln
01.25.2012 , 01:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CriticalMasses View Post
This is part of it.

Some of the flashpoints are incredibly long. They need to supliment by offering a "hard mode" on Heroics with a mission terminal that will allow you to pick from all the heroics available with Drops close to HM flash points, but not quite.

The other part is that you have an entire population that got to CHOOSE whether to solo or group for the entire game. A lot of players chose to Solo, and have reached 50 and continue to solo and are not interested in grouping.

But at 50, bioware forces players to group for a LOT of things, so it's a shock to the system that some players want to resist. (Grouping isn't fun for everyone, especially if you're unlucky with a few PUG groups).

So a lot of those 50's aren't logging in, or they're just going about their dailies and ignoring the group requests.

Bioware's method of Forcing players into doing stuff is a method that is about 10 years out of date for MMO's, but it's their first MMO so I guess they have to go back and make all the mistakes that every other MMO developer has made.
Well, let's not forget that only a small portion of the playerbase is at 50 in the first place.

CriticalMasses
01.25.2012 , 01:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Well, let's not forget that only a small portion of the playerbase is at 50 in the first place.
I'm not forgetting that. But I see 50's all the time that just don't want to group. They got used to playing the game their way, grouping only once in a while when they felt like it, and they don't want to be forced. So a lot of them are going back to Alts, or just taking a break from the game entirely to see what gets done about it.

I myself have a really hard time finding TIME to do a Hard Mode flashpoint. I just don't have the 2 hours to dedicate to it right now. I can do 30-45 minutes, no problem. In fact myself and 3 other 50's helped out a level 43 with one of his heroics the other day just because HE couldn't find anyone to group up with.

Another problem is that between level 35-40, i've noticed a lot of players on the republic side have stopped leveling and are taking a break because, and I quote. "It feels like a grind now".

There are many factors to it, I know. Me personally, I'm hoping for Hard Mode Heroics at some point, that way I can pick and choose from all of the ones each planet has to offer and find one that fits with the time I have available.

In fact I would have no issues with the thought that I may never get to do hard mode FP's or Ops because of time constraints if I could group up or solo some of the smaller heroics when I wanted and not feel like I'm just steam-rolling the content.

Honestly some of the heroics were more fun than the Flashpoints anyway, in some cases. All the heroics lack is a boss that requires some weird game mechanic to kill. heh.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.