Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GAME STOP Pre ORders <check your email>

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
GAME STOP Pre ORders <check your email>

Darth_hauberk
12.14.2011 , 03:51 PM | #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently in EGA, and I Preordered on the 21st of July from Gamestop. Today I got an email by a GAMESTOP employee claiming they weren't able to charge my card for the full amount and that they will auto-cancel my order of SWTOR in 48hrs. Yet, I received an email in July confirming the order, and a bank statement paying for the full amount. Is anyone else getting shafted?

P.S: they won't let me update my credit card online, the customer service won't answer, and they won't email me back, after all it is time sensitive.

Syrch
12.14.2011 , 03:55 PM | #2
Yeah, keep trying to call them, and in the future don't buy from gamestop! It's a lousy company anyhow..

Verify on your bank statement that the full amount was charged and not just "held".

Also, make sure it's not some kind of phishing email trying to get credit card numbers or something, send an email or contact them through their website if you ordered online. Usually they can't charge a full amount until the item ships, should have just been $5 down payment.

Lastly, if they did charge the full amount and cancel the order, dispute it with your card company and order directly from Origin.

Snipurs
12.14.2011 , 03:57 PM | #3
I gotten the Same email. I think it was a phishing tactic.

TheDarkerPhantom
12.14.2011 , 03:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrch View Post
Lastly, if they did charge the full amount and cancel the order, dispute it with your card company and order directly from Origin.
This would be unfair if he ordered the Collector's Edition.

I would stay keep trying to call Customer Service, and make sure they understand that cancellation of the order is unacceptable.

doomwillow
12.14.2011 , 04:11 PM | #5
Ignore that order from Origin part... Have you read all the stuff about them randomly canceling pre-orders? I ordered from Best Buy, so far I'm still all right, but only time will tell.

Jedifever
12.14.2011 , 04:21 PM | #6
Gamestop never charges your credit card for pre-orders until they are ready to ship. So I would say it's a phishing e-mail. I got an email from them too saying they couldn't charge my card, because my credit card was declined. I called my bank and made sure there was sufficient funds in the account, then replied to the email saying for them to try it again, which they did and everything is fine.

It's easier to communicate via email with them, because every time I try to call, I'm told they can't put the call through because they are too busy.
Master Tiaen Val'shares - Recruitment Officer

Defenders of the Faith

Darth_hauberk
12.14.2011 , 04:29 PM | #7
they won't let me change my credit card to pay for it (online), and I;m pretty sure they would have had to charge my card in order for me to receive an EGA code. I could essentially play the game for 7 free days max out my class get my fullfillment and have never paid for the retail premium because of this bs email's claim.

if i don't receive the game and get refunded money , BW & EA ultimtely get hurt. that is why im trying to resole the issue with BW, EA, and Gamestop.