Healers in PVE servers are harrasing us.

Leilei

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The solution isn't flagging the healer for PvP, it's taking away the ability to heal NPC's, atleast on a PvE server.

The problem with flagging the healer is that you're not going to get a guarunteed victory against them and thusly no satisfaction. They might kick your arse, they might have friends with them that'll help kick your arse. Flagging them for PvP is only forcing PvP into a PvE environment. Now if it's in a specific PvP zone then really, even in PvE servers, they should probably be flagged the second they walk in.

That's all i got, thanks for letting me know this can happen, it gave me a ten minute long giggle-fit just imagining it.

Why should they get flagged for pvp?

Are you saying you are pvp'ing the NPCs?

Huh, how come when I shoot another player its PvP? All I do is press a button, its the bullet that hits them. Tag the bullet pvp. :rolleyes:

Clearly the healer is using a power to attack (via proxy) another player. That's pvp.

Healing an NPC in a PvE environment should either not be possible or should flag you for PvP. I'd be inclined to say it just shouldn't be possible.

As it is you can have proxy-PvP fights because you can stand there healing same-faction NPCs while they're killing opposing faction players, without anyone being able to stop you (unless someone can drag the fight close to some of their NPCs).

Edited by HELhikari

Erm. You are attacking their soldiers. Their actions are justified.

It makes no sense. Player characters are flagged for PvP if they heal someone who's participating in PvP. It should be the exact same for NPCs.

I'm quite surprised this was overlooked. I would report the players doing the healing of the NPCs and submit a ticket and even start a thread under Suggestion Box.

So if you didnt know...The imperial healers can just waltz over to the heroic area in illum (or other places tbh) and they can just stay there unflagged WHILE HEALING THE NPCS!

It is a huge pain in the ***** and we need this fixed please. At least make those npcs flag people for pvp if theyre healing them! T_T

Sooo annoying to be fighting then a healer comes over, cleanses the CC and starts healing all the npcs x.x Its annoying and its evil and we need it stopped!

Edit : Flagging them for pvp would be the best solution so we can flip out and kick their *****

This is fairly stupid , i mean how could they even allow this to happen.

They should not allow ANY kind of healing to go to enemy NPCs this would solve the problem in one sec.

Really people , if ya want to pvp so much ,come to the pvp server we will welcome ya all with a true pvper beating.

No, from a rp sense it makes total sense. From a game mechanic/pvp perspective, it doesn't. I know in WZs that healing a player in combat puts me in combat. Same should apply for NPCs. Putting you in combat with the player, thus flagging you.

No, from an RP perspective it makes utterly no sense.

From an RP perspective a healer would want to get involved with the rank and file, bravely healing them as the <<insert enemy>> carved his way through them. However all the time the rp'er would know that he was puting himself in danger.

The way this currently works is that the RP has no risk because hes safely stuck inside a 'god bubble' of invincibility.

So if they want to kill medics and aim their weapons at them, they are unable to fire because of technical restraints?

No, we just aim and fire at the enemy being helped and then express our regrets as the Red Cross medic becomes "collateral damage".

Edited by Zorvan

Flagging for PVP isn't the solution.

These people are out to grieve and exploit an oversight. It's very unlikely they will do that once PVP is an option.

You new complain would be two lvl50 healing sub lvl 30 NPCs on Tatooine. ;)

Sadly the solution is like with friendly fire. Take away immersion for the sake of functionallity.

Don't allow Hostile Faction or Contested / Neutral Faction territory NPCs of your faction to be healed.

This is fairly stupid , i mean how could they even allow this to happen.

They should not allow ANY kind of healing to go to enemy NPCs this would solve the problem in one sec.

I second this. Just disable healing them and the problem instantly vanishes.

Erm. You are attacking their soldiers. Their actions are justified.

That makes sense, even though it may be not fair.

But I think you should be PvP flagged if you enter a PvP area. Even on a PvE server. Disable healing on NPCs would not be a good thing!

Edited by karcyon

That makes sense, even though it may be not fair.

But I think you should be PvP flagged if you enter a PvP area. Even on a PvE server. Disable healing on NPCs would not be a good thing!

Should be no flag of any sort on a PvE server except for the player themselves manually flagging themselves.

Want to heal the NPC? Manually flag yourself and go to town.

Should be no flag of any sort on a PvE server except for the player themselves manually flagging themselves.

That would probably work but I don't think it is a good idea. I'm Level 43 atm (PvE server) and have never been to Ilum but why should you stay PvE flagged if you go to a PvP area, especially Ilum? I don't see the point. Can someone enlighten me?

Edited by karcyon

Even so you're affecting someone who isn't flagged, in order for them to respond and attack you they would have to flag themselves for PvP aswell which atleast some PvE'ers would not want to do (hence them choosing a PvE server in the first place). With that being their only recourse this is essentially forcing PvP in a PvE server.

Disallowing heals on NPC's is really the only way to go.

In purely PvP zones however, regardless of PvE or PvP server, you should be flagged the second you walk into it, regardless of ANY interactions with NPC's

Edited by Cormey

What needs to be done is to disable the ability to heal/help/buff any NPC which is tagged by another party, at least on PvE servers. Also, if you attempt to heal/help/buff an NPC, not only it will fail, but you will also now be PvP flagged.

Sounds like something I would do if I somehow got trapped on a pve server. Think of it in an rp perspective, the healer is assisting their comrades. Heck, most healers only heal other players but this one has so much compassion that he/she is healing the lowliest of the low; they're like the Mother Theresa of SWtOR. They don't deserve to be punished, they deserve to be canonized (turned into a saint).

Not when there's no repercussions for them they don't.