Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem can't reverse engineer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem can't reverse engineer?

Piree
12.14.2011 , 12:15 PM | #1
How are we supposed to get our prototype and artifact plans?

Racorbis
12.14.2011 , 12:18 PM | #2
You can only RE things you make i.e Stim Packs and Med packs.

So if you make a Green Quality Stim and RE it you have a chance to learn a Blue Quality Stim. If you make the new Blue Quality Stim you have a chance to learn the Purple Quality Stim. See where I'm going?

You can't just reverse engineer anything, it only applies to you your crew skills and what you can make from that.

Piree
12.14.2011 , 12:31 PM | #3
Well, I can't even RE anything I make. The button to do so is not available in inventory

Ikthanos
12.14.2011 , 12:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Piree View Post
Well, I can't even RE anything I make. The button to do so is not available in inventory
Some people have mentioned that talking to a vendor will cause the RE button to reappear.

Drediker
12.14.2011 , 03:06 PM | #5
Ya, its only a bug, hopefully it gets fixed. ya try talking to a vendor or trading with someone.
"I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose. The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."

Fralen
12.14.2011 , 03:43 PM | #6
I had this in beta recently. If you mouse click on inventory at the top of the screen, I did not get the reverse engineer button. When I did the keyboard command "I" I believe it was the inventory would open with the reverse engineer buttor visible.

Racheakt
12.14.2011 , 03:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikthanos View Post
Some people have mentioned that talking to a vendor will cause the RE button to reappear.
This -- it is a bug that plagued beta....

Tozazu
12.14.2011 , 04:18 PM | #8
Haven't had this bug myself, so yay there! Managed to reverse engineer up to blue and purple regularly now.
The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but it does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.