Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting Smoked on Drommand Kas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Getting Smoked on Drommand Kas

Anglerx
01.24.2012 , 06:57 PM | #1
I am a 16th level bounty hunter working on Drommand Kas. I am trying to complete missions but I seemed to be getting killed off a little to easily. As an example I was trying to do the "saving face" mission. I was 4 to 5 levels higher than my foes and they beat me down easily. I have 11th level foes killing me off in single blasts. Any advice?

Morfedd
01.24.2012 , 07:01 PM | #2
I thought that was an heroic mission... If so, then you just don't yet outlevel the multiple elites enough to kill them.

AMMT
01.24.2012 , 07:07 PM | #3
That mission is a Heroic and they really arn't designed to be solo'd that easily. You are advised to take a party with you.

AngelousWang
01.24.2012 , 07:24 PM | #4
To solo Heroic//Area/Group 2 quests you need to wait for them to grey out (or almost) which is about 4-5 levels higher.

To solo Heroic/Area/Group 4 quest you need to be around 10 levels higher (really depends on the class here I find though, Sorcerer/Sage can do it much sooner/easier than others).

Heroic 2 quest's are deigned for 2 player and 2 companions.

Heroic 4 quest's are deigned for 4 players.
CE VIP

Turbowombat
01.24.2012 , 07:25 PM | #5
You'll note certain missions say "Heroic 2+" or "Heroic 4" this indicates how many people are generally required to do the mission. When you select an enemy, if it has a silver outline on its portrait and a silver star over its head, it means it's strong. That enemy is probably about as hard as 2 or 3 regular enemies. If it has a gold outline and a gold star it's elite, meaning it's not designed to be engaged with only 1 person. If it has a white and gold outline it's probably a named boss and drops blue gear but is designed to require an entire party of 4 to take down.

Anglerx
01.24.2012 , 07:38 PM | #6
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am still a noob at some of this. I did not realize that the heroics required more than 1 person. I did the ones on Hutta fairly easily by myself and thought that these might be the same. I wait until I level up a bit to take them on.

-Azimov-
01.24.2012 , 09:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglerx View Post
I did the ones on Hutta fairly easily by myself and thought that these might be the same.
The starting planet ones don't assume you to have your companion yet, so 2+ there is 2 players, or a player and his companion.
Everything from then on assumes you have your companion out, so 2+ is 2 players with their companions.

Darthshnooky
01.24.2012 , 09:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglerx View Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am still a noob at some of this. I did not realize that the heroics required more than 1 person. I did the ones on Hutta fairly easily by myself and thought that these might be the same. I wait until I level up a bit to take them on.
Or, crazy thought, find another person in this MMO and do Heroics in a group.

amerly
01.24.2012 , 11:39 PM | #9
Also keep in mind that a lot of these Heroic quests are mostly dailies, so apart from the XP and reward, there's no real point in doing them! They're not pushing the story forward, in other words.