Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kira and Esseles afection point bug?

jjburns's Avatar


jjburns
01.13.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
I have run the esselecs several times and every time i do I never get any affection points from Kira. I tried running the flashpoint solo for a test. I went through and answered avery combination and still did not receive a single affection point. after i finished the esseles got out I checked to see if it was just not showing but that I was still receiving them and I had the exact same affection as when I entered. has anyone else experienced this problem or is my companion bugged.

TheCheatz's Avatar


TheCheatz
01.13.2012 , 09:50 PM | #2
Never seen companions gain affection in flashpoints. Probably intended since most flashpoints are intended to be done at appropriate level with a full group. Esseles is the only one that doesn't require a full group, but there's no affection gains anyways.

It'd be too easy to level companion affection if flashpoints gave affection. Hell, it's already pretty easy now, no need to change it.

Helagoth's Avatar


Helagoth
01.13.2012 , 10:51 PM | #3
You get her after you'd have done that mission if you did it at level, so no affection gain. Do it with the droid and see what you can get.
Integrity MMO Community
Casual, no pressure, Quality Raiding - Juyo Server
PvE - EST - Mature Players Only

terfwars's Avatar


terfwars
01.14.2012 , 12:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCheatz View Post
Never seen companions gain affection in flashpoints. Probably intended since most flashpoints are intended to be done at appropriate level with a full group. Esseles is the only one that doesn't require a full group, but there's no affection gains anyways.

It'd be too easy to level companion affection if flashpoints gave affection. Hell, it's already pretty easy now, no need to change it.

incorrect, i don't know if they changed this but i got a good amount of affection from khem val during black talon
Blizz, Is, quite frankly, the best jawa ever.

Sarcyankun's Avatar


Sarcyankun
01.24.2012 , 07:45 PM | #5
Black Talon on my bounty hunter, i went back there at 30, spammed runs for 425 affection a run if you look up the right answers

emdrmo's Avatar


emdrmo
12.30.2013 , 04:43 AM | #6
you do get affection points when you are with aric jorgan....a lot in fact

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
12.30.2013 , 05:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jjburns View Post
I have run the esselecs several times and every time i do I never get any affection points from Kira. I tried running the flashpoint solo for a test. I went through and answered avery combination and still did not receive a single affection point. after i finished the esseles got out I checked to see if it was just not showing but that I was still receiving them and I had the exact same affection as when I entered. has anyone else experienced this problem or is my companion bugged.
[EDIT] Just noticed: HOLY NECRO! I'll leave the answer below anyway...

Esselles/Black Talon will only give affection with the very first companion you get. The companion you got on your starter planet. You get Kira on Coruscant, so no affection gains in Esselles for her. You do get affection with T7 though (who is your first companion).

So, basically, you will get affection in Esselles/Black Talon for the following companions:
Jedi Knight - T7-01
Jedi Consular - Qyzen Fess
Smuggler - Corso Riggs
Trooper - Aric Jorgan
Sith Warrior - Vette
Sith Inquisitor - Khem Val
Imperial Agent - Kaliyo
Bounty Hunter - Mako.
Doing runs of Esselles/Black Talon with these companions is essentially the cheapest (and arguably the "fastest") way to raise affection with them.

Hope that helps.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Sorei's Avatar


Sorei
12.30.2013 , 06:02 AM | #8
Seriously, is there any point to this necro?

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
12.30.2013 , 06:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
Seriously, is there any point to this necro?
You would surprised at how many people (even 2 years after the game has launched) do not know this.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Sorei's Avatar


Sorei
12.30.2013 , 06:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
You would surprised at how many people (even 2 years after the game has launched) do not know this.
I didn't object to your post, but to the one doing the necro. He didn't clear up the point of confusion, it was more like adding something irrelevant to a discussion that took place almost two years ago which he didn't even participated in.
In my opinion, it wasn't worth the necro (and in general I don't mind necros as long as they have a point).

I am probably overreacting because I'm in bit of a bad mood, but it's so frustrating seeing topics pop up which you want to contribute to just to notice the thread is ancient. The OP has probably learned this by now and if anyone else has the same question he should just ask or consult a companion affection guide.
If your post would have been the necro there would at least have been a point to it, but as it is, the necro has been completely irrelevant in my opinion.