Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a point to nightmare mode Ops?

Exertim
01.23.2012 , 01:35 PM | #11
Nightmare Soa drops different gear from his HM counterpart. Not sure about Karagga but I assume it's the same. Then again, HM Karagga didn't even drop loot period for us this week. Nice bugs, Bioware.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Accomplice
01.23.2012 , 01:39 PM | #12
At this point, Hard Mode drops both Columi and Rakata gear - that's correct. Nightmare mode was bugged up until a couple weeks back and had the same loot table. However, this has since changed and now Nightmare mode only drops Rakata gear.

So, why progress through Nightmare modes? Well, more Rakata gear, for one. For those who care about progression, there is a codex entry for each operation boss on each difficulty. I assume Bioware will do something with the codex entries beyond recreation in the future, so that's always a good option.

However, the biggest reason to do Nightmare is to familiarize yourself with a challenge as a group. Nightmare mode itself isn't all that difficult; however, hard modes are pretty faceroll. Give your group a challenge, learn to adapt with each other so when the next operation tier releases, you can dive right in.

Note: I expect to see Bioware remove Rakata gear drops from Hard Mode in the near future or severely nerf the amount of Rakata you will see in a Hard Mode operation. I agree this is kind of counter-intuitive of them in regards to the operation difficulty workflow.

TL;DR: You should be raiding nightmare mode because it's the most difficult content available and you should always push yourself to progress.
Accomp
Operation Guides at www.accomp.me/SWTOR
GM of <The Tantalus>

Accomplice
01.23.2012 , 01:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaevin View Post
No, but the last boss always drops a mount i believe.
Maybe it's just our luck, but we've had a mount drop every week in both normal and hard mode. Keep in mind there are different mounts for each difficulty, so the normal mount will differ from the hard mode mount, which will differ from the nightmare mode mount.
Accomp
GM of <The Tantalus>

Exertim
01.23.2012 , 01:43 PM | #14
The saddest part is there's nothing overly difficult in either Operation regardless of difficulty. There is something very wrong when people hate doing a fight (specifically Soa) not because of its difficulty but rather because of how notoriously buggy it is.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Accomplice
01.23.2012 , 02:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
The saddest part is there's nothing overly difficult in either Operation regardless of difficulty. There is something very wrong when people hate doing a fight (specifically Soa) not because of its difficulty but rather because of how notoriously buggy it is.
^ True. We'll see how Bioware does on round two, after getting feedback from the community. I hope to see more challenge to the encounters - even optional challenges that could potentially make the fight more difficult at a higher award (Kill X before Y, Kill X without doing Y, etc).
Accomp
GM of <The Tantalus>

ganacas
01.23.2012 , 03:05 PM | #16
Bioware are doing a great job anyone that says they are not clearly have not been playing MMO long it has bugs yes and alot of things to iron out, but comon lets get real how many mmo these days are as complete as swtor.

somejerk
01.23.2012 , 03:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ganacas View Post
Bioware are doing a great job anyone that says they are not clearly have not been playing MMO long it has bugs yes and alot of things to iron out, but comon lets get real how many mmo these days are as complete as swtor.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Mynden
01.23.2012 , 11:54 PM | #18
I feel the same way about 8 vs 16. 16 is infinitely harder for the same loot as 8.
Use the link for free stuff (including a server transfer)
http://www.swtor.com/r/DMvJV3

Silberfalke
01.24.2012 , 01:26 AM | #19
Quote:
I feel the same way about 8 vs 16. 16 is infinitely harder for the same loot as 8.
Thats why it fails as a standard size for estimated 99% of raids.

If there is no incentive, most people will not play it.
Love is the greatest power in the universe.

Nocadoj
01.24.2012 , 06:38 PM | #20
We got an achievement and title. Other than that, bugged loot.
http://www.swtor-serenity.enjin.com/...127#pid=343260
Joda