Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

swiftdh
01.24.2012 , 01:41 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramtrueshot View Post
Ok, so I will admit a majority of my fights as an operative are against sorcerers.. on my server I would guess in pvp a good 40% + of the pvp players are sorcerers.

With the incoming nerf will someone please explain how a 6th level ability for the ops can be totally negated by a 4th level ability the sorcerers can get?

Jarring strike WAAAAY up the talent tree (6 levels) is now 1.5 second stun that will fill up the resolve bar (re: silly). Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?

So I open on a sorcerer, to maybe get 1k to 2k of damage if I crit (bubble absorbs 2500 I hear.. someone might enlighten me on this). I get blinded for 3 seconds and can do nothing, sorcerer gets up after 1.5 seconds, immune to all crowd control. Can get range.. root, stun, run away, re bubble etc... If I do break the blind, then I am re-crowd controlled because his ability did not fill the resolve bar.

Why on earth would I ever want to use jarring strike? Why does it cost so much now, and why is it so easily negated now?

I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around this nerf on the ability...

1) Make it not fill the resolve bar, yes we will then stun.. but after the initial stun, which uses a GC and does lowered damage the fight is on... and you can break it.

2) Make jarring strike a root. Make it not fill the bar up, but make it root for 3 to 4 seconds. And move it down on the talent tree...

3) Replace the neutered jarring strike with something else that is an escape, or a talent that allows cloaking screen to wipe all bad effects upon use. That way we can use evasions for more than just a button we click before we combat cloak.

This change to jarring strike and doing nothing more than just nerfing it, really confuses me. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the class works, how the flow of pvp goes, and most disturbing a serious lack of thought or creativity.

Am I wrong? I just know now whenever I meet a sorc with backlash its already frustrating.. now its useless.
wow a QQ thread about Sorc's being better than Ops. u sir fail
Wipeout
Sith Assassin
Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector Edition

Hymner
01.24.2012 , 01:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by swiftdh View Post
Why does he fail?, its true.
Soc/sage is the most op class of all. Soc is by far the most played class, and it would not be so if it was not a face-roll class.
If the class was not so great as it is, most people would play sith warrior or jedi knight.

StrykaTillisk
01.24.2012 , 02:03 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramtrueshot View Post
Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?
^ This.

What's the point of a resolve system if half the CC abiliites ignores it?

And why does Jarring Strike completely fill up the Resolve meter? No other CC abilities do that. It's not like OPs have a ton of other CC.

However, as a Warrior, I'll always be happy when they nerf other clases :P Warrior buffs plz?
!█∭█∭█∭█∭║‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾\

Sufran
01.24.2012 , 05:41 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaceJ View Post
I whole-heartedly agree. Now that the babies got their way with one class, it's on like donkey kong for these mouth-breathers. Welcome to nerftopia, land of the salty tears!
Unfortunately, I concur. I doubt many of the people calling for any class to be ‘balanced’ are consulting vast quantities of empirical evidence and compensating for cognitive bias. They’re emotive, vitriolic, and relying on anecdote (Whenever I fight X), intuition (It's just so obvious!), logical fallacies (I play this class too so my call for damage reductions is somehow more valid; post hoc nonsense; ad populum idiocy; etc), or cherry-picking of data (Look! This one screenshot shows X doing 900k damage! This is proof that they need damage reductions!... Let’s ignore any specific environmental conditions that made this possible and generalise it!). Equally, I don't see those that play the targeted classes providing data and they're typically guilty of the same failings.

If people calmly gather representative, randomised samples and subject them to analysis in order to confirm confidence then I’ll gladly accept their points on any classes. Until such a time, they can take their frail, pathetic human emotions elsewhere and I sincerely hope Bioware don't defer to the typical model of instant gratification on these matters. Sadly, the Operative/Smuggler changes suggest otherwise (unless it was coincidence that their changes coincided with the uproar).
Artemisia - Sith Sorceress (Corruption) - Lord Calypho
"We have almost succeeded in levelling all human activities to the common denominator of securing the necessities of life and providing for their abundance." - Hannah Arendt.

Rhazesx
01.24.2012 , 06:20 PM | #35
I agree with the OP Sorcerers are OP especially the ones like he fights that are specced 31-31-31

zarnick
01.24.2012 , 07:15 PM | #36
My answer to PVP QQ'ing instead of saying how overpowered a class you never played is, you can A, stop pvping cuz u suck at it. b, Learn to fight against that class. C, Reroll. D, relise that pvp is alot of times rock paper scissors some classes fight others better. or lasty E, get some friends in your case 7 of em and fight a sorc and then brag saying u did it on your own.

my main toon is a Sorc, i leveled most of the way as lightning, I can say its OP not because i kill everything cuz that would be a lie. lightning spec is op because if you cant beat some one you can get the heck out of there run away and rejoin the fight later or with some friends. if your having trouble fighting a class practice. will there be some classes better then others sure but they still can get rolled by another class.
"If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you will only need to ask."

Walldorf
01.24.2012 , 07:21 PM | #37
Sorcs are the mage kind of class and it's the only one atm that is there. Take all Warlocks, shadow priests, mages, moonkindruids and elemental shamans (sry if i forget something) togheter and see: wow 75% of the wow players play ranged caster classes. (just an exampel, don't have numbers here)

I started to play a sorc because i want to heal and i like the "oldshcool" ressource managment. I don't ven bother to dps with m sorc in PvE because there are 3 dd's who do more dmg.

Pre 1.1 i got stunkilled by OP and soundrels, i was 50 and got my champion gear, so i was crappy equiped but a two hit with my untouched bubble up.... hm, i never two hittet any one EVER with my sorc. Even trooper ripped me appart, not to mention those two lightsaber wielding classes. Im not the brightest light when it comes to PvP but gettin ripped appart in huttenball from players who know that i heal isn't funny at all.

Cry on untill noone can even play somewhat in this game and they have to nerf the pve encounters because noone has the dmg or the heal output to kill anything. In the end you can be happy that your qq killed a game.

The nerf IS HARD, yes for sure, but after 5 minutes 3 OP i know talked togheter, changed theyre skills and are still very happy with theyre class.

Nowyourdead
01.24.2012 , 07:27 PM | #38
You casters are pathetic, I hope you realize that. It's people like you that are the reasons why Bioware is making failed attempts at balance because the game won't be fair in your eyes until every class is UP and casters are invincible. No kid, you failed.

akunamatata
01.24.2012 , 07:39 PM | #39
sorcer is ok , and operative is ok , the real problem here is that everyone who never played a mmo in their life and started here with swtor , cause of star wars went to:

1º lightsabers
2º movie based stuffs

so the biggest part of the people went to inquisitor , then they just choose sorcer cause inquisitor cant use lightsaber, then the problem begins , cause who choose operative , is players that want to be sthealt that maybe already have some experiencie in MMOs , even with sthealth classes, so the operatives are probably beating sorcers in skill , (NOT ALL OFC) but the biggest part, and then ye sorcers feel bad, cry , qq in forums , think in stop playing!

When suddently they realize they kill easy every other class except us , so they stop crying and feeling bad, and decide to only QQ on foruns till we get nerf, and then they can be kings of pvp after 1 month of MMO experience =D end of story

btw if you are feeling that you keep too much time stun till you use trinket, try to hotkey it ^^

Optimism
01.24.2012 , 07:41 PM | #40
The fail is strong in this one. Feels great to see some sorc tears for once.