Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Does SWTOR support Turbo Boost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Does SWTOR support Turbo Boost?

nophoria's Avatar


nophoria
12.14.2011 , 02:23 PM | #1
Posting this here since you can't get a response from the general forum. I'm considering upgrading my i3-2100 to i5-2500, I'm wondering if it will be worth it since it has the extra power of turbo boost?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, 20% cooler, man."
i!i!i\iịị██████████████████████████████████████████ị
CEVIP

iain_b's Avatar


iain_b
12.14.2011 , 02:43 PM | #2
Applications do not "support" Turbo Boost.

Turbo Boost is just automatic overclocking that the CPU does on its own when it's under a heavy load.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

nophoria's Avatar


nophoria
12.14.2011 , 03:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iain_b View Post
Applications do not "support" Turbo Boost.

Turbo Boost is just automatic overclocking that the CPU does on its own when it's under a heavy load.
So will it kick in when playing SWTOR? I just want to know if it will help performance.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, 20% cooler, man."
i!i!i\iịị██████████████████████████████████████████ị
CEVIP

iain_b's Avatar


iain_b
12.14.2011 , 04:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nophoria View Post
So will it kick in when playing SWTOR? I just want to know if it will help performance.
Yes, the game will increase the load on the CPU and it should clock up automatically.

Will you notice a difference? Not sure. For the 2500 Turbo Boost clocks the CPU from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz.

Either way the 2500 is quite a bit faster than the 2100.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=289
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

nophoria's Avatar


nophoria
12.14.2011 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by iain_b View Post
Yes, the game will increase the load on the CPU and it should clock up automatically.

Will you notice a difference? Not sure. For the 2500 Turbo Boost clocks the CPU from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz.

Either way the 2500 is quite a bit faster than the 2100.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=289
Thank you very very much, I'm confident in spending the money for the upgrade now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, 20% cooler, man."
i!i!i\iịị██████████████████████████████████████████ị
CEVIP