Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Distance between repub and imps growing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Distance between repub and imps growing

Sullydog
01.24.2012 , 12:28 PM | #1
I'm completely at a loss as what to do besides give up. I'm now on loss #15 in Warzones. I play republic on rakata mind prison - I can literally see what happened but have no idea what to do about it.

It's become groups of 6 or 7 sith inquisitors all battlemaser or 5 or 6 operatives stimming, all battlemaster. Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster. It's become very, very difficult to finish any of the dailies on my server because of the gear/population imbalance.

I kept thinking things would get better as more republic hit 50 but the opposite seems to have happend as its just provided more farming for the imperials..it's essentially become a snowball effect in which the imperial now not only out populate us 5 to 1 or so but also battlemaster rank 2 or 3 to 1 - all of this is a direct result of the illum fiasco that they could not fix soon enough.

It's not that were just losing warzones, it's that were being crushed. It's not that were getting beat on Illum its that were getting zerged into oblivious and this is causing a massive snowball effect - mass exodus of republic players and mass battlemater rank/gearing of the imperials. I would really like a in depth response from somebody working for Bioware on the situation - if their in game "metrics" are as sophisticated as they claim then surely they have the numbers on this.

I truly can't comprehend how they couldn't see this happening. The only explanation I can think of is that they don't play their own game - if they did they would certainly see what's going on.

Aleeha
01.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2
Yeah and so? You want to force players to not be able to play the side they like? Face it, the story, the clothes, the abilities, the rides... Everything about Imps are > than Republic..

This is the way it's always been, this is the way it always will be..

Sith > Jedi..

Peace is a lie...

Jswizzle
01.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #3
What do you want them to do? Remove imperials from character selection?

The evil side is always more popular. Just use that as motivation to get better and crush them

Topnotch
01.24.2012 , 12:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sullydog View Post
Everything can be tracked back to 1.1 in which imperials farmed republic for a week straight on Illum with many, many imperial hitting battlemaster. It's become very, very difficult to finish any of the dailies on my server because of the gear/population imbalance.

I stopped reading here, as its pretty much a lie.. nice troll post.

discosoc
01.24.2012 , 12:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jswizzle View Post
What do you want them to do? Remove imperials from character selection?

The evil side is always more popular. Just use that as motivation to get better and crush them
There's only so much you can do to "get better and crush them" in a game that's pretty dependent on gear. Sure, over time Republic players will eventually get equal gear, but it's kind of bad that we're so heavily penalized for picking the under populated side.

Sullydog
01.24.2012 , 12:44 PM | #6
I find it ironic that it's all imperials that responded to show off their apathy.

I don't know what I "want" them to do, I want them to do something.

Sullydog
01.24.2012 , 12:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Topnotch View Post
If you stopped reading then why would you bother posting? go away.

Napalmbrain
01.24.2012 , 12:45 PM | #8
Of course the first 2 replies are people defending this....probably imperials so what do they know?

The imbalance is far past out of control now, and unfortunately it will play a part in the downfall of the game.

There is no way to fix this...ever.

Sullydog
01.24.2012 , 12:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
Of course the first 2 replies are people defending this....probably imperials so what do they know?

The imbalance is far past out of control now, and unfortunately it will play a part in the downfall of the game.

There is no way to fix this...ever.
Yes, it is ironic that imperials would reply with "so what" or "deal with it"

Sullydog
01.24.2012 , 12:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Topnotch View Post
What does "pretty much a lie" even mean? and how would you know?

Imperials control Illum 400% bonus stakced with 300% stacked with defender bonus = MASS VALOR very quickly.