Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How hard is it to give access info?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How hard is it to give access info?

Celoril
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #11
i understand that they have to observe server stability i really do hence why i stated any rough timeline would have to be flexable for server issues and as to the hate mail, well i guess they would just be trading the current hate /whine mail for new hate/whine mail.

and yes i believe they should depicate some resourses to putting out a rough timeframe,
if for no other reason then the fact is they should have personel assigned to customer service already that should be able to handle such a task
Death comes for us all

Veneer
12.13.2011 , 09:05 AM | #12
haha we will all sit in queues after work... doesnt really matter lol

Aenaey
12.13.2011 , 09:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EVOKILR View Post
Come on, how hard is it to post if you bought game on X day your access begins on this day?

Really this company is that lame? Please tell me you'll get your crap together. I'd hate to see this game fail like SWG.
They already said wave 2 launched earlier than expected... so lets say last week you got an email that said "your early access will be 12/14 if you ordered on 7/22" then today they are able to actually get the 7/22 people in... a TON of people would come whining and ************ that they took tomorrow off and missed out on 10 hours of their play time because the email said tomorrow...

People are always looking for a reason to *****... even if the end result is earlier access than they expected. Thats why they wont post the predicted times. Its not hard... its that they want to avoid crying fits of people saying they went back on their word.

DonNazarov
12.13.2011 , 09:12 AM | #14
I'm sorry, but server stability should have been sorted in beta. This is what stress testing is for. I've been lucky enough to be on a number of mmo launches in recent memory and have all gone relatively smoothly, and HS and EGA codes were distributed upon purchase.

When we consider that people have been waiting a long time for this games release to then play another waiting game on the actual day is frustrating. If they were truely worried about how their servers would fare, maybe not allow so many players into their EGA program.

Sharcu
12.13.2011 , 09:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
As they have said they let a wave in, then oserve to see server stabiltiy etc, before letting the next wave in, they cnat give rough estimates, because if they do, and those times arent met, they will jsut get even more hate mail.
I understand want you are saying and I agree with you. But as you can see there are 30 new threads since 7 am and nearly all of the has to do with not getting in, cause they preordered on 7/21 but people that preordered 2 weeks to yesterday were invited on the first wave. How would you feel if you were told that you we get early access in the order that you enter you preorder code and then someone who preordered the game last night got invited before you (if you preordered on 7/21)